maiden voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maiden voyage

Finely got this old farm tractor going. Didn't expect a 1000lb bike to jump like that. Scared the hell out of me. Haven't really been on a bike since I wrecked my 9r ninja and that was over 10yrs ago. The nine was ALOT easer to control and about half the weight. My new little toy seems like it will b fun once I get used to it. It still needs a lot of work but for now, a year after I bought the thing,it runs and went for the first ride. It's a tank,can't wait to have a real ride threw the bear tooth pass. Thanks to everyone for the information I got on this site and look forward to getting more.
    79 XS11 F

Originally posted by rangerguy302 View Post
    Finely got this old farm tractor going. Didn't expect a 1000lb bike to jump like that. Scared the hell out of me. Haven't really been on a bike since I wrecked my 9r ninja and that was over 10yrs ago. The nine was ALOT easer to control and about half the weight. My new little toy seems like it will b fun once I get used to it. It still needs a lot of work but for now, a year after I bought the thing,it runs and went for the first ride. It's a tank,can't wait to have a real ride threw the bear tooth pass. Thanks to everyone for the information I got on this site and look forward to getting more.
    Nice!........from the title, though maybe someone had broken a bottle of bubbly across the tripple tree of an XS destined to float.

Just remember, they accelerate quick, stop and turn...........just no two at the same time
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Great!

Hi, Robert -

Congrats on getting "back in the saddle", as they say!

Once you get them sorted out, these Elevens are all kinds of fun!!
      Marco

Current bikes:
      1979 Yamaha XS Eleven Special (SF)
      1979 Honda CBX
      2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Rest in Peace, Don Glardon (DGXSER) 1966-2014
      WE MISS YOU, DON

Comment

these bikes are heavy but they're not 1000 lbs...try maybe 560 - 650 depending upon whats on it....
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
        X