View New Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View New Posts

Got on the morning, clicked "View New Posts". Got LOTS of threads displayed.

Checked a couple, responded to a couple, but had clicked on a thread from the search return. Needed to get back to the list of unread posts, so did the search again.

Only two hits, both of which were my new posts. What gives? I know I did not click on the "mark forums read" link or anything. What marked them read for me?

Will use "open in new window" from now on from the search page so I do not lose my results, but I still would like to know what happened.

Also, a suggestion . . . when someone includes a URL in their post . . . have it pop a new window if someone clicks on it so they do not have trouble getting to back to the forum.
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

I think the new posts will remain new as long as the original window that you opened remains open, if you hit a link to a thread then stay in the new window, instead of going back to the original one, you may lose them. I usually just keep hitting back to get to the original 'new post search list', but I had this happen to me tonight and I am also not sure exactly why, but I did have several windows open and may have closed the wrong one.

Maybe JP has some insight on the exact reason this happens.

I am pretty sure that any link will spawn a new window, is there an example of one that doesn't?
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

(snip)
      I am pretty sure that any link will spawn a new window, is there an example of one that doesn't?
      (endsnip)

Can't find one now. Pretty sure it was in someone's signature line, but maybe my browser mucked it up.

As far as the other, been running the search, using the "open link in new window" and going from there. That is working fine (like you said, keeping the original search window).
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Working...
      X