Photos Directly in threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos Directly in threads...

So, this has been driving me nuts since I got on the forum, there is no image upload feature in the posting box. It seems most know that when you click the "Insert Image" icon, it gives you a window to paste the hyper link to a pic on a photosharing site, but that's it.... just a link to click on.

I don't know about anyone else but I find this quite annoying having to jump all over the place when trying to follow the pics in a thread. There is another way though! Most other forums I am on, users post active picture links in the post. Don't worry guys, this is very simple to do

When you upload your picture to your photosharing site, like photobucket or flickr, you have the option to share the picture via html link or BB code. The html code will just look like a bunch of code if you paste it in here.
    However, if on your photo sharing site you click on share image, most of them have an option for "BB Code."
    Select "BB Code" when trying to share a pic. Then just copy and paste that code text into the "respond to thread" text box after you type your reply or thread. After you hit submit, the code will show a live image of your picture, actively linked from the other site!

I will post some screen caps later to help out as well. For now here is a link to one thread I started where I used the BB code to link my pictures...
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39700&page=2
    www.LICARIco.com
    https://www.instagram.com/licari.co/

'80 XS11 Special Cafe - "il corvino" Invited to The One Moto, HandBuilt Show, Land Locked, Nowhere Moto, Spokane Moto Show
    '78 XS11 Cafe - GSXR front end, performance suspension and tires
    '78 XS11 Standard Sleeper, `85 FJ1300 carbs, kerker 4-1
    '74 DT250 Custom Tracker
    `79 SR500 Scrambler
    `78 TT500 Desert Sled
    `74 CB750 Chopper, survivor bike, preservation completed

Gotta use a site like photobucket and post the "img" link provided by the site into the text of your message.

Storage space is too expensive.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I think Luigi thinks the links are actually showing when the pics seen on this site ARE the html floating links he is touting -

At least that is how I post MY pics.

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

There are a couple options to get the photos to show up directly in your post. First, you do need them on a photohosting site like Photobucket or Flickr or similar.

Method one - Use the "Insert Image" button that looks like mountains with a small sun. It opens a dialog box, and you can insert the Email or Direct code that starts with Http//....The Insert Image function adds [IMG] before the link and [/IMG] after the link. It will look like this...

Method two - Skip the Insert Image function, select the IMG link from you photohosting site, hit a return to be on a empty line, and insert the IMG code.

Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Working...
        X