Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of windshield is this?

Hello All

I found this pic on a website (unfortunately the website is in Spanish and it gives no information about the bike.) Does anyone know what type of windshield this is? I like the look. It's simple and still looks aggressive. Thanks
    1979 xs1100f
    New Fuse Box
    Progressive Shocks
    Gold Valve Emulator
    Dyna Coils
    Electronic Flasher
    Led Headlight
    Led Turn Signals
    4 Led Driving Lights
    2nd Gear Fix
    Auto Cam Tensioner
    Digital Dash
    Stainless Braided Lines
    R6 4 Piston Calipers
    Stainless Bolt Kit
    Maier Fairing
    Dyna Balancing Beads
    Spin On Oil Filter
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    Plasti Dip Rims
    ISO Grips

looks like it's just a flyscreen google "flyscreen windshield"
    where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?
    Iowa the Beautiful Land 1980 XS1100SG

Comment

The flyscreen looks good with a rectangle headlight however it is hard to find one that would fit. Most of them are made for round headlight. I would like to keep the rectangle if I can. However, I would need to make it brighter somehow. Perhaps I need a HID kit or something.
      1979 xs1100f
      New Fuse Box
      Progressive Shocks
      Gold Valve Emulator
      Dyna Coils
      Electronic Flasher
      Led Headlight
      Led Turn Signals
      4 Led Driving Lights
      2nd Gear Fix
      Auto Cam Tensioner
      Digital Dash
      Stainless Braided Lines
      R6 4 Piston Calipers
      Stainless Bolt Kit
      Maier Fairing
      Dyna Balancing Beads
      Spin On Oil Filter
      Stebel Nautilus Horn
      Plasti Dip Rims
      ISO Grips

Comment

I have to interject here that not all XS's are the same on this subject. My buddy had a flyscreen type windshield on his LH. Now the riding position of an LH is far different than on an SF or an E type bike. While sitting lower on the LH I was amazed at how well that windshield worked, but once I mounted the same windshield on my SF it did not work at all.
        I found that I sat on top of my SF as I do on my E and far lower on the LH and that the same windshield would not do the same thing for both bikes.
        While you may have differing results, that is what I found. Wasted money on something that worked on one bike but not the other. I guess what I am saying is take the info from someone who rides the same bike as you with similar biuld or you may have issues.
        2-79 XS1100 SF
        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
          I have to interject here that not all XS's are the same on this subject. My buddy had a flyscreen type windshield on his LH. Now the riding position of an LH is far different than on an SF or an E type bike. While sitting lower on the LH I was amazed at how well that windshield worked, but once I mounted the same windshield on my SF it did not work at all.
          I found that I sat on top of my SF as I do on my E and far lower on the LH and that the same windshield would not do the same thing for both bikes.
          While you may have differing results, that is what I found. Wasted money on something that worked on one bike but not the other. I guess what I am saying is take the info from someone who rides the same bike as you with similar biuld or you may have issues.
          WOW! Great point. I guess in never even thought of that. My bike is a 79 standard. I believe the model is a "F". Is the "LH" a standard? I am not that big. 5'11" and 185 lbs. Do you higher on a standard than you do on a special?
          1979 xs1100f
          New Fuse Box
          Progressive Shocks
          Gold Valve Emulator
          Dyna Coils
          Electronic Flasher
          Led Headlight
          Led Turn Signals
          4 Led Driving Lights
          2nd Gear Fix
          Auto Cam Tensioner
          Digital Dash