editting posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editting posts

Just wondering what is the purpose of a time limit (10 minutes???) for editing posts?. Not very handy. My other forum does not have a restriction.
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Maybe not handy Dean, but could change intent or meaning........and net communication can be confusing as it is..........JAT.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Maybe not handy Dean, but could change intent or meaning........and net communication can be confusing as it is..........JAT.
      When I edit a post, my 'intent' is to indeed clarify what I had said, or write it a bit better, thereby helping with communication. I get a whopping 10 seconds to accomplish that.
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
        When I edit a post, my 'intent' is to indeed clarify what I had said, or write it a bit better, thereby helping with communication. I get a whopping 10 seconds to accomplish that.
        Least ya got 10sec. to think about it..............the rewording is free...
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

That is why one can preview the post before submitting as well. Once you have made the post you can read it and then edit if need be. I have had as much as ten minutes to edit on some posts but of course othe members have already read what was originally posted. The part I hate is when I try to submit a link or photo and when it does not work it is too late to fix it. Funny thing is I had to edit this post twice just due to my spelling errors, but once it is posted I will check it again.
          Oops forgot some periods and a couple mis-spellings as well.
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

It' so that if you make a fool of yourself, you have 10 minutes to fix it. If you let it sit there until someone calls you out on it, we all get to see it forever!
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

It has never really bothered me, but I do find it interesting that if you post in one of the user created spots, like the SWOXS group area, you can edit forever, and in the "main" areas it is ten minutes.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Working...
              X