New Member Moderation enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Moderation enabled

Due to recent spam activity, I just change the forum's registration feature to require all new accounts be moderated before they can be used. I'm not sure who will get notified about this yet, but this does mean that new member's should expect a delay until their account is enabled because a person how has to review it first.

For any admin's/moderators that are allowed to approve new member requests, please be selective about who you allow in. I suspect the spam user to "real" user registration ratio is about 30:1. If you're unsure, then ignore the request and I'll review it; I think I have a feel for what spam user's registrations look like.
    80 SG Canada

Thank you. Not sure if I have the ability to add, but I'll keep an eye out for new members.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Dan-As a longtime menber of this forum and the forum before this I hate to see spam posts. People register and have no interest in motorcycles but love to sell things. Thank You for this!!
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by dansmith65 View Post
        Due to recent spam activity, I just change the forum's registration feature to require all new accounts be moderated before they can be used. I'm not sure who will get notified about this yet, but this does mean that new member's should expect a delay until their account is enabled because a person how has to review it first.

For any admin's/moderators that are allowed to approve new member requests, please be selective about who you allow in. I suspect the spam user to "real" user registration ratio is about 30:1. If you're unsure, then ignore the request and I'll review it; I think I have a feel for what spam user's registrations look like.
        Dan, I just checked and there have been at least 3 new members joining since you wrote this message. I did not get notification on any of them. Can't speak for other moderators.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

It looks like moderating new members must be done from the admin panel. I couldn't find anywhere to define who is allowed to moderate users, though. For now, I'll keep reviewing it myself every few days or so. This is a pain and I don't like that new users have to wait until I get around to it, but it will help with spam and email deliverability issues.
          80 SG Canada

Comment

Working...
          X