New user registration welcome emails sometimes blocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user registration welcome emails sometimes blocked

We have received reports that new users are sometimes unable to register. The issue is that users do not receive an email from xs11.club (xs11club@gmail.com) and are thus left with a valid user account that cannot post to the site.

After looking into it, everything appears functional on the xs11.club side. I tested with 3 different email accounts. Gmail got the message, a private paid email account got the message, hotmail returned no errors but did not deliver the message (not even to the spam folder). I think this is just down to different behavior on the receiving side.

If you are stuck at stage, have a forum member IM an admin or you email me directly at jonathanknez@hotmail.com. We can either
    1. Delete your account so you can try a different email address
    2. Or Manually put you in the normal user group. Note if you go the second route, future emails from the site may still get dropped by your email provider.

We get a large number of spam registrations. I wish this process was smoother but we need to keep that email verification in place.
    '80 XS Special
    JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Is there anyone out there?

People have tried this with no results
    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Last edited by dbbrian; 06-15-2023, 10:09 PM.

Comment

dbbrian , I assume you mean people have used the contact us form and not received any response. In testing that page, we do see emails going out successfully but never received at the destination. More troubleshooting to do, probably some email blacklisting. I updated the post so people can just reach out to me directly at my personal email address.
        We have received a few PM's from members on behalf of other users so there are folks now able to get in that were not before.
        '80 XS Special
        JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi Jonathan - hard for me to know exactly what he did in the past. He sent me a text last night that he has sent another email, this time directly to your email, so maybe that will work. thank you for adding that..

Username for him is Bill Sahlberg. I only know him from seeing Facebook posts and texts but he seems like an XS guy to me

Comment

Bill is all set. Proof he can indeed post.
            https://xs11.club/forum/idle-talk-fo...est-of-posting
            '80 XS Special
            JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Jonathen, As you can see i got it sorted

Comment

We did have some spam users that posted things that had absolutely nothing to do with this or any motorcycle. Your safeguards are working.
                1980 XS1100 SG
                Inline fuel filters
                New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                160 mph speedometer mod
                Kerker Exhaust
                xschop K & N air filter setup
                Dynojet Recalibration kit
                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
                X