Site Maintenance Scheduled for 4/14/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Maintenance Scheduled for 4/14/21

The site will be offline starting at 7 PM mountain time on Wednesday 4/14/2021. We will be performning some database maintenance including using a new storage system recommended by vBulletin, moving images out of the database, and tweaking logging settings. The end result is that the database should shrink and no longer sporadically go offline causing a site outage.

The forum will be unreachable during this time and you will likely get an error page back if trying to visit the website. The downtime is completely dependant on how long the database operations take to complete. It could be an hour, or it could be a day. Thanks for your patience.
    '80 XS Special
    JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

The site maintenance is complete. The database structure has been updated, search index rebuilt, attachments (images) moved out of the database and to the filesystem, and the database logging has been tweaked. Our disk usage has been reduced and so has the size of the database. We should no longer have any issues with the database closing rendering the site unusable.

Let me know if you find something that doesn't work.

On a side note, it turns out vBulletin includes a nice feature where the site can be disabled for everyone but admins. The site still runs and users can still visit the site, but rather than display any forum posts it simply displays a message of my choosing. Now that I know how easy it is to temporarily bring down a site but still allow me to test changes, I may perform upgrades more regularly.
    '80 XS Special
    JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Great work Nezzer! Thanks for all that you do!
      Bob's Bikes:
      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
      https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
      https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
      "
      Project XS11"
      "Rucksack Grunt"
      "Small Unit Leadership"
      "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
      For Sale Here.

Comment

Much appreciated, Nezzer!
        79 F
        Previously owned: (among others)
        1969 Harley- Davidson Rapido 125 (Aermacchi)
        1967 Suzuki X6 Hustler
        1973 Suzuki TM 125
        1979 XS1100 F
        2005 Kaw. Vulcan VN800
        1991 BMW K75

Comment

I tried to login during the maintenance and go a nice message telling me what was going on. Appreciate all you do.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X