Forum down, but running running again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum down, but running running again

The forum went offline for a bit there but is back on-line now. Big thanks to cajun31 for bringing the issue to my attention by emailing me directly.

The issue was that the database shutdown. This left the vBulletin forum website running but unable to do anything. The system was updated, rebooted, and is all set.

I will need to do some database maintenance. To lessen the load, images will need to be moved out of the database (the default storage location). Additionally the storage format of some tables will need to be changed to a more modern format. I will schedule some downtime in the new few weeks to address both items at the same time.

In the mean time, the site is working and our database is being backed up daily.
    '80 XS Special
    JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Thank you for all you do, Nezzer!

The site activity is increasing with with new life.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Thanks nezzer! I could not get in and thought my local provider was the problem again. I'm going to put your email in my list for next time, better to have more than one set of eyes on this site.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

nezzer Thanks!!

---Bax
        80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Originally posted by nezzer View Post
          The forum went offline for a bit there but is back on-line now. Big thanks to cajun31 for bringing the issue to my attention by emailing me directly.

The issue was that the database shutdown. This left the vBulletin forum website running but unable to do anything. The system was updated, rebooted, and is all set.

I will need to do some database maintenance. To lessen the load, images will need to be moved out of the database (the default storage location). Additionally the storage format of some tables will need to be changed to a more modern format. I will schedule some downtime in the new few weeks to address both items at the same time.

In the mean time, the site is working and our database is being backed up daily.
          Jonathan, Appreciate the update and all you do to keep this site going. Is there anything that you need to accomplish the changes you spoke of? Are there going to be any additional expense involved in the photo storage etc...?
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Nope, no additional expense. Just need to block off the time take the site off-line for the upgrade. Don't worry, I will let you guys know if money is ever needed to keep the site running.
            '80 XS Special
            JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

It happened again. The website was down. After last time I signed up for a service that emails me if the website is down. That service worked, which is nice. Same failure as last time, the database. I cleaned some stuff up and got it going again. We should be good to go for a week or so until I schedule that database maintenance.
              '80 XS Special
              JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

Thank you brother, much appreciated.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                X