Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s/s brake lines by Galfer

www.galferusa.com/motorcycle-brake-lines/ s/s steel brake lines by Galfer

Once again, it appears all angles and measurements are on you. What's the cost to put a set together?

This looks easier: http://www.xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=44636.html
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

click products whatch video

Just put this up for more options gives dealers in different areas and so on Click products go down to the video.Let's me go to a place just down the street that I didn't know that I might be able to get them rather than dealing with shipping and if they do not fit can take them back.

Comment

E-mailed Galfer

So I went to the store down the street but as usual the book covers only newer bike so I came home and e-mailed Galfer they came back with if I sent them my brake lines that they would make up a set and ship them to me.So I sent back e-mail asking for price and shipping cost also asked if they would keep on record my lines so other xsers could order I think but could be wrong so correct please if I am 78-80(STD)the same 79-81(specials)same banjo's &clocking but a couple of inches longer 81H different because of fairing.Their reply was for the three front lines retail $125 shipping depends on where you live and they might give it a part number if the demand was there they did not mention the rear but if you went with the one line it probably wouldn't add to much to the $125.cost.again just putting this out there not sure what a good price is but if it is and any one had old brake lines of the various models and wanted to send(put on file) in it would show demand then they would all be made right just bolt on.They are in Calif.Or flood them with e-mails customerservice@galfer.comthis will not open just for sending your private e-mail

Comment

Hey Newbee- I'll be pulling my lines off tomorrow. I sent the site I linked to in another post a very detailed email, and he said the same, but a little cheaper price.
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

s/s brakes

So I take it is a good price glad to hear you can get cheaper living in USA the Canadian dollar is down I will have to add shipping plus duty did you mention anything about the rear brake set up 3pcs. vs 1 line.Is your price a secret?

Comment

Technafit over Galfer

After posting my last post I went and found your other post should of done that first you refer to a different supplier Technafit for 90-100 so I take it that is who you are going with?Is that price for both front &rear &washers?$25 plus is $25. pays for the shipping just looking for the best price that works.

Comment

Newbee- Yes, I told "Chris" exactly what I wanted in the email. He said it's a common set-up, and he's familiar with the wanted one-piece line in back. I'll call him before I send them out.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Keep us all posted on your progress. I am not the only one thinking of this upgrade.
                  Phil
                  1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                  1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                  2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

For everyone interested, I will be spending tomorrow documenting via digital pictures the exact layout of my stock brake lines prior to removal, so I can be sure I am doing everything right. I will then bring inside my front master cylinder and calipers and rebuild those following TC's write-up. After that, the rear master cylinder and caliper. I will box-up the lines and ship them off to Chris Monday morning. I am keeping the stock three-line set-up, as I think the double-banjo looks kind of silly. But, in a phone call with Chris, I will ask him for a quote for a two-line set-up.
                    1979 XS1100F

Comment

I guess I should have posted the above in my thread, but I suspect Newbee and I have the same thing in-common, and that's a less-expensive brake line to the alternatives out there.
                      1979 XS1100F

Comment

Does size matter

I see you have listed superbike handle bars I also took off the standard 4"bars and put on 2" over 30yrs. ago so the existing rubber one from the master cylinder to the tee just squashed down (16" long) do you think the s/s braided one will be as for giving or would a different line length or set up be needed I know nothing about S/S brake lines.

Comment

Working...
                        X