X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another test

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...&caption=001x1
    Chris 79 XS11F With mods....!!!!!! 2005 FXST Harley Softail

Somehow, when you're pasting in the URL, there seems to be some stray stuff ending up in the url. Near as I can figure, the following 'string' comprises the address you would want to put inside the img tags:

h ttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p94317558329b46b2a1b92ed31cecbfe1/f9ea999b.jpg

(Note - I had to jam in an extra space to keep the system from adding on url tags and trying to make a link out of it)

I got to this by clicking on the link, holding my mouse over the spot where the picture should have come up, then right click to see properties. I copied that out to word, took out the bits that looked like they didn't belong, then copied that back into the browser address line.

I think what you need to do first is navigate to the photo you want to post. Then, rather than copying the url for that whole page, right click directly over the image, click properties, and copy that to the address line in a fresh browser screen. You should end up with only the image this way, not the other stuff about file size, etc.

Any of this making any sense?

With any luck, here is the picture again, this time by inserting the bare url between the image tags:
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Thanks Ken.

I think I understand, so I will try it the why you said. This computer stuff can get rather confusing sometimes. It's nice to have someone running the show that knows what their doing. Thanks again Ken.

Comment

Here goes

[IMG]f9de6c9e.jpg.thumb.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

That didn't,work try this

Comment

Getting better................

Comment

Now you've got it. This means you get to be the expert who helps out the next new XSive who runs into trouble trying to post a photo of their ride!
              Ken Talbot

Comment

Beautiful Looking Bike

Chris, that is a great looking bike. More pictures PLEASE!!!
                What are the two units out in front of the engine? They look like a rad and an oil cooler.
                What does the huge rake on the rear shock/springs do for you? Or is that just to allow you to take advantage of better quality units that are a lot longer than stock ones?
                Ken/Sooke
                78E Ratbyk
                82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats not my bike Ratbyk, only a picture of a bike I wish I had. That bike came from the XS1100 .com Web site, sorry. Answer too your question, I think that in the front at the bottom is an oil cooler for the engine, and at the top is an air cooler for the turbo charger, not sure though. I'am sure someone at this site knows.

Comment

OK Ken,

I guess your right Ken, the next one is mine. After all someones got to help out you over worked moderators. Thanks... Chris

Comment

One for the road..

Comment

Maybe now..

Comment

I think I forgot how to do it.

Lets see what happens

Comment

You have an extra "http" at the beginning of the URL. They all work fine without it.

-Justin

Comment

Lets see

Comment

Working...
                              X