multiple quotes in one posting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple quotes in one posting?

I've seen numerous people using multiple quotes from various respondants in one reply...How is this done?...I cant figure it out
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Replying to a Post

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
    I've seen numerous people using multiple quotes from various respondants in one reply...How is this done?...I cant figure it out
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/faq.php?fa...q_vb3_replying

In the lower right hand corner of each message, next to the Quote button, is the Mulit-Quote button. It has a picture of the close-quote symbol on top of (I think) a multi-quoted reply.

To use the multi-quote button: click the button once for each message you want to quote, then press the Reply button at the bottom of the screen or Quote button on the last message you are quoting to open the Reply editor.

The FAQ list mentions a Quick Reply button but I can't recall ever seeing it.

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Thanks Scott...dunno how I never saw that button!Geez... I must be losing it
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post

In the lower right hand corner of each message, next to the Quote button, is the Mulit-Quote button. It has a picture of the close-quote symbol on top of (I think) a multi-quoted reply.

To use the multi-quote button: click the button once for each message you want to quote, then press the Reply button at the bottom of the screen or Quote button on the last message you are quoting to open the Reply editor.

Regards,

Scott
        OK just testing this feature....Yipppeeee it works
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post

Regards,

Scott
          Thanks Scott...dunno how I never saw that button!Geez... I must be losing it
          OK just testing this feature....Yipppeeee it works
          Yep, and I have to quit writing early morning replies while changing my Avatar.

"Mulit-quote" should, of course, be "Multi-Quote," and the close-quote symbol is accompanied by a plus sign on top of the image of a multi-quoted Reply.

I wonder how many messages one can quote in a single Reply. It probably depends on the maximum number of images/lines/characters allowed.

Regards,

Scott
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Working...
          X