Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does one go about resizing an avatar. When I try to resize a gif file the picture no longer moves or I loose a portion of the bottom and right side. Will the upgrade resize automatically?

Paul
    Paul
    1983 XJ1100 Maxim
    1979 XS1100 Standard
    1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

av test

test test test
    http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Hey Giant,

I didn't see this thread earlier??

You are most likely trying to edit an animated GIF which is a different animal than a standard GIF! I see that you have an animated one as your AVATAR, so don't know IF you figured out what you needed to know. The AVATAR has specific limitations in both image size and file size...65x65 and less than 20kb IIRC! There is a shareware program that I had gotten years ago to mess with animated gifs! It's what I used to fix a fellow from the UK's fancy AVATAR that he used on the UK site, where they don't have a much of a restriction on the size/file size for theirs! The Upgrade will NOT adjust images for the AVATAR!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks T.C. No I never got it to work. Yes it was an animated gif. I'm not sure why it won't let me resize it in paint. Actually it will but I loose the animation and a portion of the picture. It's a bit of a downer as it is a really cool gif.
        Thanks,
        Paul
        Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
        Hey Giant,

I didn't see this thread earlier??

You are most likely trying to edit an animated GIF which is a different animal than a standard GIF! I see that you have an animated one as your AVATAR, so don't know IF you figured out what you needed to know. The AVATAR has specific limitations in both image size and file size...65x65 and less than 20kb IIRC! There is a shareware program that I had gotten years ago to mess with animated gifs! It's what I used to fix a fellow from the UK's fancy AVATAR that he used on the UK site, where they don't have a much of a restriction on the size/file size for theirs! The Upgrade will NOT adjust images for the AVATAR!
        T.C.
        Paul
        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
        1979 XS1100 Standard
        1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

Try www.gifworks.com for an on-line editor. I think this is the one I used to redo the Colorado flag (animated) as the original was to big to work on XS11.com. If it isn't there anymore do a search on animated gif editor and you should get quite a few hits, including some free downloads.

IIRC, the resize function asks you for the largest size (in pixels) and re-sizes the gif to fit AND retains the animation to boot.
          Jerry Fields
          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
          '06 Concours
          My Galleries Page.
          My Blog Page.
          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Thanks Jerry!
            Paul
            1983 XJ1100 Maxim
            1979 XS1100 Standard
            1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

Originally posted by blue giant View Post
              ...I'm not sure why it won't let me resize it in paint...
              It's because paint only works on the first frame. you would have to adjust each frame in something like photoshop.
              1980 XS1100 midnight special (daily rider)
              1982 Suzuki GS750T (my "rat-rod bobber" project)
              1992 Suzuki GS500E (GF's project)

If the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

Comment

Thanks Bunta!

Welcome to the site too!

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                It's because paint only works on the first frame. you would have to adjust each frame in something like photoshop.
                Paul
                1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                1979 XS1100 Standard
                1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

Working...
                X