• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics

mp.com/[URL=http://www.photodump.com/snowdog51/mcycle2.html][/U
    RL]

picsdon't know how to link
    bill hane

It looks like the URL is different than the actual properties of the file location.
    Last edited by BrianB; 11-01-2007, 01:27 PM.
    1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

YIKES THATS HUGE!!!!!!!!!

Did not realize that pic was that big. Sorry.
      1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Remember, 72 pixels is 1 inch. 432 pixels = 6 inches. I make it a habit to limit my photo sizes to 432 on the longest side. No scrolling, faster loading, looks good an all monitors.

The 72 dots per inch (dpi) comes from the printing industry, BTW. When computers started coming with wysiwyg (what you see is what you get) monitors the industry standardized on 72 pixels = 1 inch so documents would print the way they look on screen.

Newer PC monitors can support 96 dpi from the factory. Most cameras record at greater resolution than that, great for printing, but unnecessary and a waste of resources in web postings. I would stick with the 72dpi which is a standard for all makes of PCs/monitors and operating systems.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I just fixed the link. Was not my pic but looks like the size has been fixed.

It is super duper tiny now!!!!
          1980 XS Eleven Special

Comment

Hey Snowdog/Bill,

IF you'll notice, the end of that first link you posted had ****.html at the end....which was the link for the whole page, not just the photo.

Brian, that little picture is the thumbnail that photodump created of the original photo.

Like Jerry said, try to resize the photos, I use 640x480, a little larger than what Jerry uses, but it still doesn't seem to cause side scrolling, most folks are using 800x600 or higher screen resolution settings!

There is a HOW TO post photos thread guide in the HOW TO FORUM....imagine that!

Once you upload your photo, and you are viewing it, right click on the actual photo, and then select Properties, and then highlight and copy the URL you see in the PROPERTIES window, and that is the URL code you'll paste into the IMG window after you click on the IMG button!
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
            X