RSS Feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Feed?

Does the forum software allow for an RSS feed to be set up?
    1981 XS1100SH

Hey Malber,

I don't believe so. Just looked up RSS Feed, and it's more for Standard Web pages and news sources, not so much for FORUMs. "WE" are slowly working towards an update/upgrade to the XS11.com web site, but it's still in it's early stages.

There is NEW CONTENT every day posted here. When you visit the site, you can use the link in the upper right corner of the FORUM page that says VIEW NEW POSTS to go to them, but they are also highlighted with gold XS11 symbols in front of each FORUM indicating new content!

You can also select to SUBSCRIBE to a particular thread once you are reading the thread, so thru Email Notification you will recieve an email when NEW messages are posted to the threads you have subsribed to!

But that's about it!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I've seen another forum that had this feature. I don't remember where it was or what software they were using, but if I see it again I'll let you know. It would be a lot more convenient than getting e-mail notices of replies to threads you've subscribed to.

Another suggestion would be a wiki for tech tips.
      1981 XS1100SH

Comment

RouterForums, at RouterForums , uses vBulletin. They have just started using RSS so I'm not too familiar with it as of yet.
        Brian
        1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
        1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
        remembering the same thing!

Comment

Does this site have an rss feed?
          United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
          If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
          "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
          "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
          Acta Non Verba

Comment

NO IT DOESN'T HAVE RSS FEED!

After a discussion with another I.T. knowledgeable member, and knowing how and why this website was put up, we probably won't be adding it either.

Years ago, XS11 used to be on the Yahoo groups, and folks received the messages thru emails, digests.

The Webmaster put up XS11.com to create a community atmosphere, where folks could COME to for a sharing of experiences, knowledge, etc.! Having the posts SPOONFED to folks would just further alienate them, and possibly reduce their participation with the site. Yes, there are LURKERS, but the webmaster wants folks to come to the site.

The information here is WORTH coming here, not to mention the sense of community we have here, as many newbies have stated when they have come here!
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
            X