Test posting photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test posting photo's

After having it on the To-Do list for 10 years I finally loaded some photos to the internet.

These may be too small?

[ IMG ] http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/FP4ALtEf...gwUmFBtS_hcNH5 [ /IMG ]

[ IMG ] http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/FP4ALtEf...gwUmFB5spVfIAR [ /IMG ]
    #1 ’79 XS11 Special
    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
    '97 V-Max
    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Try again without the extra spaces.

#1 ’79 XS11 Special
    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
    '97 V-Max
    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Try with Automatic parse off????

[IGM]http://f7.yahoofs.com/users/FP4ALtEfqxAF/__tn_/324c.jpg?phgwUmFBtS_hcNH5[/IMG]
      #1 ’79 XS11 Special
      #2 ’79 XS11 Special
      '97 V-Max
      '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

If this don't work I'm going to watch football. Can't screw that up.

<>
        #1 ’79 XS11 Special
        #2 ’79 XS11 Special
        '97 V-Max
        '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Enjoy the game, Bob.

Comment

Thanks John but that didn’t work either. Nebraska screwed that up. (Glad Texas showed up for their bowl game even if they had to beat Iowa.)

As far as the photos go, TC says it won’t work with Yahoo. I have an account at Photo Dump but have had trouble uploading photos (Installing their photo upload software for the second time now.) I tried to set up an account at Photo Bucket but they didn’t like my Yahoo email address (tried 4-5 times).

Oh well, I went ten years with out uploading photos, guess I can go another ten.

Hope you have a very good 2007,
            Bob
            #1 ’79 XS11 Special
            #2 ’79 XS11 Special
            '97 V-Max
            '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Hey Bob,

When I have used Photodump, I don't remember having to install any special upload software, just clicked on the links on the pages that say UPLOAD, and then BROWSE, and found my photos on my HD, double clicked on them, and then hit upload, and they were transferred to their site! I think they use some standard Java or other applet that works directly with my Internet browser!

Another option that I mentioned in the HOW TO article is using your ISP's Personal web site space!? What is your ISP, and have you checked into whether they provide any server space. I've got 10MB for each of my screen names, can have up to 7 email addys with my 1 acccount! I don't actually put up a WEB PAGE, but just use the server space for the photos!

You may have to go to the home page of your ISP, click on customer or account settings, and SETUP your web space first before you can MANAGE/ACCESS it.

Otherwise, try using Photodump again, just log in and then click on the button to UPLOAD photos, and follow the prompts without trying to install their special editting/uploading program!?
              T.C.
              T. C. Gresham
              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
              History shows again and again,
              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks for the help T.C. I'll give both of them a try.

Bob
                #1 ’79 XS11 Special
                #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                '97 V-Max
                '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Try again.

#1 ’79 XS11 Special
                  #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                  '97 V-Max
                  '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

That's too big.

#1 ’79 XS11 Special
                    #2 ’79 XS11 Special
                    '97 V-Max
                    '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Hey Bob,

Glad you got it figured out! I just saw a post by Confish04, and he used the "Attachment" function, I didn't know that it worked?

So..this is a test of that attachment function. I'm not sure where they are stored, I'll have to check with JP about this?
                      Attached Files
                      T. C. Gresham

Comment

I'm a bit surpised that the attachment function works too. I know from talking with JP quite a while back that the intent was not to have everybody 'attaching', or we would run out of space pretty quick. The various free hosting services give us the benefit of seeing photos with the posts without gobbling up space that has a cost associated with it.
                        Ken Talbot

Comment

Wow! Nice clean scoot dude!
                          E.Liberty
                          Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                          I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Hey Bob,
                            You been busy putting it back together after the mishap?
                            Or an older pic cuz the grass looks awfully green for January.
                            XJ1100 Ruby Red
                            XS1100LH "Midnight"
                            1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Attachment feature working!

Originally posted by Ken Talbot
                              I'm a bit surpised that the attachment function works too. I know from talking with JP quite a while back that the intent was not to have everybody 'attaching', or we would run out of space pretty quick. The various free hosting services give us the benefit of seeing photos with the posts without gobbling up space that has a cost associated with it.
                              Hey Ken,

Just spoke with JP, and he explained how the photos/attachments are stored, they are converted into text, like the usenet groups UUE files, and are stored with the Database text/message files. He had me adjust the amount/size of file down to 85K for most photos of the 640x480 size, and to TURN ON the display photo in message vs. readers having to CLICK on the attachment link. He said we'll see how it does, and IF folks take to using it, vs. their already trained way of using their own server space, or public photo hosting site?

So....it works, and it will NOW display photos within the message, so we'll see whether the space gets eaten up too much/quickly!?
                              T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham

Comment

Working...
                              X