XS11 Kick Stand Puck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS11 Kick Stand Puck?

I was wondering what others use for a kick stand puck when one is needed? I had used a pickle jar lid until I lost it.

I think it would be cool to have a XS11 logo puck to carry on the bike.
    Stephen-Catskills

1980 XS1100SG
    Raptor 660 ACCT, Kerker turnout exhaust, progressive fork springs, Showa shocks and Tkat forkbrace.

Previous ride.
    1982 XJ650 SOLD!

Originally posted by Surge 58 View Post
    I was wondering what others use for a kick stand puck when one is needed? I had used a pickle jar lid until I lost it.

I think it would be cool to have a XS11 logo puck to carry on the bike.
    I use a cover plate for a 4 by4 electrical box, tied to a string. I pull it up and slip it into the side pocket of the tank bag, or the left fairing pocket if it is a 'round the town trip with no tank bag. If your bike is naked, you're SOL.

CZ

Comment

I had just removed my Windjammer and installed a windshield so I'm SOL.

Anyway, I like your idea as it would be much sturdier than a pickle jar lid. I'm looking for bags for my bike so I could carry much needed items and tools.
      Stephen-Catskills

1980 XS1100SG
      Raptor 660 ACCT, Kerker turnout exhaust, progressive fork springs, Showa shocks and Tkat forkbrace.

Previous ride.
      1982 XJ650 SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
        I use a cover plate for a 4 by4 electrical box, tied to a string. I pull it up and slip it into the side pocket of the tank bag, or the left fairing pocket if it is a 'round the town trip with no tank bag. If your bike is naked, you're SOL.

CZ
        Not SOL Captain,...........still can savor the pickles...........
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Pop A Top Again My Friend

I have used a squashed soda can. I flatten the can in an upright position so the tab is there to tie my string to. It is the easiest puck to be found at a moments notice.
          1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
          Braded stainless brake lines
          4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
          V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
          Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
          Vetter Windjammer III faring
          Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
          James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

I just use the nearest rock, stick, or piece of trash I can find.

Crushed beer cans work good.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I use a plastic one with ads tied on a string in my fairing pocket. I like the outlet box cover idea with a rare earth magnet epoxied to inside bottom corner of windshield if it extends down at all.

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I just bought one from the bike shop yesterday. $6.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                  I just bought one from the bike shop yesterday. $6.

Oh, you high rollers.
                  Hope your children have good shoes.

http://http://www.grainger.com/categ...ecatalog/N-bt6

Comment

piece of aluminum on a string in my riding jacket's pocket...
                    Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

I have a few of the plastic ones I will bring to the SE Rally. I try to keep a few of them in the bike just incase someone needs one.
                      80SG, 81SH, 80 standard parts bike, 81SH parts bike
                      and new to me 78 standard dresser

Comment

I use a plastic one that Steppenwolf gave me years ago. Still does the job.
                        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                        X