Re-Pro tool kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Pro tool kits?

I would pay a kings ransom ( a poor king though, not one of these rich ones ) to lay my hands on a reproduction tool kit for my XS, and all the better if it had the XS11 logo screen printed on it. Im sure there would be PLENTY of orders pouring in if someone was clever enough to organise such a thing?
    1980 XS1100G 'Phoenix' - top to tail rebuild in progress

Open to suggestions, send a PM!

The tools in the OEM kit were not of the highest quality. I know I saw a few of the kits at Karla's place though. You'd probably be better off building a kit of your own out of real tools that you can trust.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

The original kit's bag doesen't have any logo on it, just a blue plastic bag. My Venturer still has the original tool kit and only opened once to put back the plastic dip-stick for middle drive/final drive checking.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Quick question, I haven't seen it anywhere, but is there a list of what was in the kit? I was thinking of putting one together, but don't want to miss something important (I carry quite a few tools around with me in my Vetter bags. Probably more than the kit had for sure.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Here's a tool kit thread.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Bit late, I know, but both my original bluish coloured tool kit bags have Yamaha embossed on them
            79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
            Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
            *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
            *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Eveready1100 View Post
              both my original bluish coloured tool kit bags have Yamaha embossed on them
              Just picked up my 78 XS E yesterday.
              It has all it's tools in pristine condition inc the dip stick and wire rope compression tool.

The blue tool pouch has Yamaha impressed in the front flap.

Cheers
              Toowoomba
              Australia

78 XS 1100 E
              FJR 1300

Comment

Just curious, Ken.
                Did the wire rope tool come in the tool pouch, or behind the left sidecover stash flap?
                Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar

Comment

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the wire tool probably came in the pouch, and the whole thing was stored in the "stash flap". The pouch I got with Tsunami did not have the wire tool. Tsunami is an 'H, which came with short mufflers so the wire tool was not needed.
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

I've been trying to track down one of these wire tools for the swingarm along with the handle for a fellow Aussie XSive. He's got an "E" with the long mufflers so he really needs one. Any idea who'd have a spare one?

Comment

Working...
                    X