1982 XJ 1100 Basket Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 XJ 1100 Basket Case

Hello all, picked up this 1982 XJ1100 today hoping it could be a restoration candidate but I think it’s beyond my skill level. All parts appear to be there, the previous owner removed the engine and disassembled most of the transmission to try and fix it jumping out of gear. I read this motorcycle was only sold in the US for one year. Anyone interested in tackling this as a restoration or should I part it out? The bike has a clean Oregon title. Manufactured 1/1981.

That's a real shame. The truth is, you'll get more for parts than the bike if you do it right. As is, that bike has little value. You'll still end up with much of it going to the dump. It looks like it was a real nice bike.

Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

That’s a shame for sure. It looks in better shape than mine and so far I’m not calling mine a basket case.

Comment

Hi all, let me know if there are parts you need. I have a UPS and a FedEx store near my house I can use for shipping. Everything looks good except the pipes are pretty rusted and the seat cover is gone. You can call/text me at (503) 305-0164. Shipping would be from zip code 97086.

Thanks,

James

Comment

How many miles on it?
          "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Working...
          X