Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For sale: All touring stuff off 1981 XS1100H Venturer, fairing, seat, bags, rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For sale: All touring stuff off 1981 XS1100H Venturer, fairing, seat, bags, rack

Turning a Venturer into a standard....

Hoping someone wants ALL of this and can travel for it so I don't have to ship ;-)

Located in Champaign, IL

Pics at this link:

https://kwc.smugmug.com/1981-XS1100H-Venturer-parts
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Bike was originally blue but was professionally painted and striped at some point long ago

Lot includes:

Vetter / Yamaha fairing with slipsteamer shield, mount bracket and wiring (no headlight)
    Good shape overall, one small cracked area where headlight mounts (shown), easy fix, key included for pockets

Rear chrome luggage rack, good shape, minor pits will clean up

Venturer Saddlebags / panniers and all mounts (with a key)

Stock Venturer touring seat, good shape but for one small split down low on front edge (shown), no underseat hardware

$500 for all listed above

Nothing else on the bike is for sale right now

Not inclined to split the lot or ship at the moment until I see if someone wants it all

Keith

217-377-5317

keith.carr@mchsi.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5196.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	869533
    Last edited by Keith Carr; 07-13-2022, 05:22 PM.

Hey Keith. I'm not interested in the package, but if you don't have any takers after awhile, I'd be interested in the seat. My seat on my 81 XS 1100 Midnight Special is pretty worn. If that one would fit my bike I'd be willing to make an offer for your seat. I'm in no hurry, and I'm in Normal, so not too far away.
    1981 Midnight Special
    Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by normalthom View Post
      Hey Keith. I'm not interested in the package, but if you don't have any takers after awhile, I'd be interested in the seat. My seat on my 81 XS 1100 Midnight Special is pretty worn. If that one would fit my bike I'd be willing to make an offer for your seat. I'm in no hurry, and I'm in Normal, so not too far away.
      You did look at the pictures that Keith posted? The seat has a fairly large rip in it on the front left. Not saying it is not a good seat and probably can be repaired. What condition is your original pan in. The reason I ask is if it is still solid you might be better off recovering your original seat with a midnight special replacement seat cover. The midnight seats were different from all the others. There are several sources to get good quality covers.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I've looked around but haven't been able to find anything for this seat. I believe it's the original one, but not positive.
        Attached Files
        1981 Midnight Special
        Formerly had a Seca 550 and boy was it fast!!

Comment

Originally posted by normalthom View Post
          Thanks for the tip. I've looked around but haven't been able to find anything for this seat. I believe it's the original one, but not positive.
          that is not an original oem seat. It is an aftermarket. It too can be recovered. I still see those listed on Ebay.
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          Jim

Comment

Actually, the seat in the original post is also an aftermarket seat.

My Venturer seat is exactly like this ad:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Venturer ad (1).JPG
Views:	248
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	869558
            -Mike
            _________
            '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
            '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
            '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
            '79 XS750SF 17k miles
            '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
            '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
            '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

All correct. I think the seat in the lot I posted is an aftermarket recover built on the stock Venturer foam and pan. It is either a Saddleman or an EZBerg, often called King and Queen. I am also unsure if the pan from a Venturer is the same as a Special. It may be, may not be. Only way to know is pop over and try it. Yes, seat has a split but as mentioned, it is down low next to the tank at the front edge so even if you repaired, won't be that visible. I'm not 100% sure this tank would look good on the teardrop tank style bikes, however. If you want to try, I'm only 45 miles from you.

Comment

Saddlemen Double-Bucket Touring Seat - H148 | JPCycles.com
                81 LH
                02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                Jim

Comment

Splitting the lot

Seat $200 shipped
                  Rear rack $125 SOLD
                  Bags and mounts $200 shipped
                  Fairing, mount, shield, wiring (no headlight) $150 if you pick up, if you want it shipped let's talk - Greyhound might be an option if I can find a big enough box
                  Last edited by Keith Carr; 08-02-2022, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Bags on ebay for cheap...

1981 Yamaha XS1100 saddlebags, rear crash bars, were on Venturer, keys included | eBay

Comment

Working...
                    X