80 LH fuel tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 LH fuel tank.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6FD82566-A367-4096-B3CF-33FBBBD07FBB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	864077 Click image for larger version  Name:	C85A393E-7BE4-49BE-973C-1D0C7E51CB5F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	864076 Click image for larger version  Name:	6C39BD94-11EE-43C7-A97C-3F82C54EB92E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	864074 Click image for larger version  Name:	60D06DEA-B67D-467F-BC9F-D727ED8E4AFD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	154.3 KB ID:	864075 Hello everyone, I’ve got a fuel tank in really good shape. I’m building my own tank so I won’t be using it. No rust inside or out. New cap and keys, no dents. Paints rough but if you’re interested I can really easily have it painted. I work at a heavy equipment rental place that has a full time painter on staff. Colors will be limited to John Deere, gene, snorkel etc. I have the badges that came off of it as well.

I’m not sure what to charge as i live in south east Alaska and there’s no flat rate box large enough to fit it. So if you’re interested let me know where you live and I can come up with a shipping cost and we can work something out.

I need to keep the petcocks and fuel level sensor for use with my new tank.

id be interested in trades. I’m building a cafe so clip on bars or steering damper something along those lines let me know what you’ve got.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bderum; 04-11-2021, 09:24 PM.

Originally posted by Bderum View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	6FD82566-A367-4096-B3CF-33FBBBD07FBB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	138.6 KB ID:	864077 Click image for larger version Name:	C85A393E-7BE4-49BE-973C-1D0C7E51CB5F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	146.2 KB ID:	864076 Click image for larger version Name:	6C39BD94-11EE-43C7-A97C-3F82C54EB92E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	864074 Click image for larger version Name:	60D06DEA-B67D-467F-BC9F-D727ED8E4AFD.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	154.3 KB ID:	864075 Hello everyone, I’ve got a fuel tank in really good shape. I’m building my own tank so I won’t be using it. No rust inside or out. New cap and keys, no dents. Paints rough but if you’re interested I can really easily have it painted. I work at a heavy equipment rental place that has a full time painter on staff. Colors will be limited to John Deere, gene, snorkel etc. I have the badges that came off of it as well.

I’m not sure what to charge as i live in south east Alaska and there’s no flat rate box large enough to fit it. So if you’re interested let me know where you live and I can come up with a shipping cost and we can work something out.

I need to keep the petcocks and fuel level sensor for use with my new tank.

id be interested in trades. I’m building a cafe so clip on bars or steering damper something along those lines let me know what you’ve got.
    do you actually have an 81LH midnight special or did someone just tell you that this tank was from that bike? I ask for a couple of reasons. Basically the tank you have pictured will fit any special and the gas cap is not gold. The LGs and LHs for the most part had gold gas caps.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

by the way have you decided on an asking price?
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      Jim

Comment

So as far as an asking price, honestly it’s going to really count on where I’m shipping it to because I live in SE Alaska and it’s going to cost. I’m not trying to gouge anyone. I’m only listing it because it’s in good shape and I figured someone on here might need it. So as I said I’d be open to trades or offers. As far as the model I can’t remember off hand if it’s an 80 or 81. I think it’s an 81 I know it is indeed a midnight special most of the little golden bits give that away pretty quickly but this tank could very well be from another bike. This was a basket case project for the PO before he passed away and I know exactly nothing about what happened before I got it.

Comment

From the pictures you have a very nice tank there. Of course it will need to be painted but realistically a tank can rarely be found that doesn't need to be repainted. Anyone that is interested in it has to realize that based on where you are located that shipping is probably going to be a bit more then the norm in the lower states, however you should still just throw a price out there with the assumption that shipping is on the buyer.
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X