Nice 79 special seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 79 special seat

Here is a nice 79 xs11 special seat I ran across this morning. It’s not mine.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...731919770.html
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

Originally posted by xs11lover View Post
    Here is a nice 79 xs11 special seat I ran across this morning. It’s not mine.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...731919770.html
    Looks like a Corbin cover, almost same as mine.

1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
    1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
    1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
    1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
    1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

I had one of them to! Does yours have a drivers backreast that slides into a hole in the seat pan?
      79 DT 100

Comment

No backrest on mine, Garrett.
        Your bike's Saaweet !!!
        What's the kicker from ?

The seat for sale would be in my garage if I didn't already have one, good find!

The SF seat will work on a '80G, same pan but the SF is 1" narrower at the front. Makes it a little easier to get a foot down with my 30" inseam

Fairing look familiar ?
        This is the seat we rode on this past XS East and didn't like it.
        Well my side was good the wife's was brutal. I removed too much foam where the SF pan kicks up in the rear. It looked good
        I then used a Venturer seat cover and foam, on the Sf pan, with a bit of trimming and made a seat that we can live with.

Comment

Nice standard...I want one of them....did I sell you that fairing? Remember, I had serious head trauma and forgot a lot or at least that’s my excuse.
          The bike pic I posted was my best 79 special.....I sold it about ten years ago when I needed some cash.. one of my 78 standards is in the background. I listed that on eBay at the same time as the special and some dude in Connecticut got it for way less than I sold the special for. Wish I could find him..
          I believe the kicker was from a xs850 or 750. If you get one just make sure it doesn’t hit your exhaust.....I kinda think I remember moving it out a little before I bolted it down.
          79 DT 100

Comment

Fairing

Nice standard...I want one of them....did I sell you that fairing? Remember, I had serious head trauma and forgot a lot or at least that’s my excuse.
            The bike pic I posted was my best 79 special.....I sold it about ten years ago when I needed some cash.. one of my 78 standards is in the background. I listed that on eBay at the same time as the special and some dude in Connecticut got it for way less than I sold the special for. Wish I could find him..
            I believe the kicker was from a xs850 or 750. If you get one just make sure it doesn’t hit your exhaust.....I kinda think I remember moving it out a little before I bolted it down.
            Thanxs for the tip on the kicker, I may used one on my SF.

Yep you sold ( I stole ) the Pacifico to me in August '09 for $30 with brackets

It was a nice visit ( 220 mi.) one way.

I had to go through my archived emails 'cause it was buggin' me when, and how long it hung from the rafters in the garage.

Finally got it mounted in '15 and yes you were right polished up like new.

Comment

Oh that’s great, so you’re my buddy from Pittsburgh that brought me the terrible towel! Lol. I still have it hanging on the wall in the bike shop. I’m ashamed I didn’t give that fairing to you! We’ll be coming out to see the Steelers/chargers game in a few weeks. Maybe you’ll have to meet us at Clem’s for some ribs.
              79 DT 100

Comment

Ribs

Oh that’s great, so you’re my buddy from Pittsburgh that brought me the terrible towel! Lol. I still have it hanging on the wall in the bike shop. I’m ashamed I didn’t give that fairing to you! We’ll be coming out to see the Steelers/chargers game in a few weeks. Maybe you’ll have to meet us at Clem’s for some ribs.
                Haven't been to Clem's in a few years, might have to try and fit that in the schedule. Definitely Finger Lickin' Good !!!

Comment

Working...
                X