Cheaper pop vents for windshields on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheaper pop vents for windshields on ebay

Ok, I've put these in the Windjammer V which I picked up not knowing--still--whether I will use it or not (maybe I need a second XS?).

They're different from the ones Vetter and Jeff KZ900 sell. I had to do a bit of sanding on my holes (not much, a dozen turns with a drinking glass and 80 grit--put something under it or the dust will get behind the windshield!).

They seem okay but again, haven't ridden with them in, it's sitting in my daughters bedroom until Spring and maybe longer, so YMMV. I kept the yellow old ones just in case. Would be interested to find out if they work for others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271438563932...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Steve R

'80 SG
    "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
    1978 XS400E Red
    1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Originally posted by Bergman16 View Post
    Ok, I've put these in the Windjammer V which I picked up not knowing--still--whether I will use it or not (maybe I need a second XS?).

They're different from the ones Vetter and Jeff KZ900 sell. I had to do a bit of sanding on my holes (not much, a dozen turns with a drinking glass and 80 grit--put something under it or the dust will get behind the windshield!).

They seem okay but again, haven't ridden with them in, it's sitting in my daughters bedroom until Spring and maybe longer, so YMMV. I kept the yellow old ones just in case. Would be interested to find out if they work for others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271438563932...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Same had to be done with Vetter's vents I installed some 6-7yrs. ago.
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Ha. I got the idea about the glass from his site. And saved some $$ by not buying his... Kinda feel guilty...
      Steve R

'80 SG
      "Fred" -- TC fuse box, stock airbox/exhaust/jets, SS brake lines, Windjammer V fairing, Cibie headlight lens, TKAT fork brace, Showa rear shocks, MikesXS emulators

Former bikes:

1973 Yamaha 125 Enduro (brother's but I 'borrowed' it a lot, usually after midnight)
      1978 XS400E Red
      1981 XS850 Special (Stingo)

Comment

Working...
      X