• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Robbery!!!

Holy Jeeze......not even for a pair...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Yamaha-1...a12422&vxp=mtr
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

They're new! Have you looked at decent shocks lately? That's about as cheap as you'll find a decent pair of shocks. I have not tried these, but from what folks say on here, these are good shocks. It looks like a good deal to me.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I've never paid more than $70 for a pair. New seals are about $10 and a hour or 2 to install.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Shocks

I paid just over $100- for a set of made in Taiwan shocks. They are very basic. When shopping I found many in the 4 to 5 hundred dollar range.
        The springs on mine are starting to rust, but so is just about everything else on the wet coast.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          I've never paid more than $70 for a pair. New seals are about $10 and a hour or 2 to install.
          That's for XJ shocks.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I wouldn't have them anyhow. I just know what I expect to pay for a decent set of shocks.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Mikes XS will sell you shocks all at under 100 bucks no they are designed for 650,s but will fit our bikes !1 hope this helps some one bye for now ,,, Slow Mo https://www.mikesxs.net/products-18.html#products
              The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
              moemcnally@hotmail.com
              i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                I wouldn't have them anyhow.
                Have you ever TRIED XJ shocks Marty?
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Have you ever TRIED XJ shocks Marty?
                  Nope! I think I said that in my first reply. I conceded that folks here like them. I'm sticking with new tech when it comes to suspension. I like custom fit springs.

Mike's XS shocks fit, but I don't think the spring rate is correct, even for the XS650. I use these forums to help decide what's best for me. I'm sure Mike's XS shocks wouldn't cut it for me.
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

SMDH........
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

SMDH........
                      I do that all the time. I do to my bike what I think works best for me. I'd be happy to let you try it.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

well I am trying to procure a set of XJ shocks to install on my 79...I never had any problems wiith my XJ's handling but i have had lots of problems with the XS's handling...doesnt take a genius to figure out that what worked for me on the XJ would also work on the XS so why the **** would I ever spend this much for one friggin shock???...they dont even offer a set fer cryin out loud...
                        1980 XS650G Special-Two
                        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

While you were complaining, I think they might have increased the price on that shock.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

yeah well its more of a shock and observation than a complaint...
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                              yeah well its more of a shock and observation than a complaint...
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

Working...
                              X