Saddlemans double seat - new cover installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddlemans double seat - new cover installed

I believe seat pan from 80G. See photos. New cover, cost $125 several years ago. Clean and painted pan. Missing one mounting bracket and a pan bumper, see photos.

Cost to member, $100 plus shipping.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Mike Farrington
    Suwanee, GA USA

Current: '80 XS11SG, '97 Vulcan 1500, '73 CB750
    Previous: '79 XS11SF, '80 XS11G, '81 XS650

Do you know if this will fit an '81 Venture?
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Got a question over here ...

I don't know the answer to that; it came from the 80G. Perhaps a guru could assist. The seat is at a buddy's house, but I can get more detailed photos if needed.

Thanks for your interest!
      Mike Farrington
      Suwanee, GA USA

Comment

If it came from the 80G (Standard) you can see the back end of the seat does not have the angled cutout needed to clear the tailight above the grab bar on the SG. It might be able to be forced, but probably best to keep it on a Standard unless the taillight was relocated. (I used to have an SG with the taillight on the fender and could have used it!)

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
          If it came from the 80G (Standard) you can see the back end of the seat does not have the angled cutout needed to clear the tailight above the grab bar on the SG. It might be able to be forced, but probably best to keep it on a Standard unless the taillight was relocated. (I used to have an SG with the taillight on the fender and could have used it!)

John
          Understand it would be going on a Venturer John, not a Special. With that said.......plug'n' play on the Venturer.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

FWIW, 80-81Special seat fits the Venturer using the forward most rubber bumper holes at rear of seat AND using the TALL two bumpers that are used on rear underside of Standard seat. The shorter jumpers CAN be used, but in the rear most set pair of holes.
            Last edited by motoman; 06-25-2014, 07:07 PM.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Thanks!

John and Moto, many thanks for your quick replies. I sure appreciate this forum group.

XJ, whadya think?
              Mike Farrington
              Suwanee, GA USA

Comment

I want it. I have an '81 that I lost the seat in transport. I am fixing it up to sell. PM me on the method of payment, etc.....
                "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Bump ... seat still available ....

The seat is still available ...
                  Mike Farrington
                  Suwanee, GA USA

Comment

Working...
                  X