No announcement yet.

Looking for seat elongated nuts to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for seat elongated nuts to buy?

I am looking for those long elongated nuts that attach the bottom of the seat to the actual motorcycle frame on a 1979 Yamaha XS 1100 Special.

Now before anyone says anything, I have tried everywhere on the internet, and half of the people I call don't know what I am talking about or they don't have it.

I have tried Yamaha shops and so on.

I know I could buy a used seat, but that seems to be wasteful, when you factor in shipping.

So the question stands, does anyone know who might carry these or does anyone have a spare one?

Thanks,
    79 SF

A little pricey but here's some new brackets with the nuts. http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-YAMAHA-X...31c433&vxp=mtr
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

elongated nuts

Bet you could find them at home depot or an electrical supply house.
      I have seen them used to join two pieces of all thread together.
      Might not be metric but just change the bolt .
      better than buying a whole seat!
      Joe
      78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Seat Nuts

Try contacting (send PM) member andreashweiss here on the forum. He would possibly have these.

Mike
        1981 XS1100H Venturer
        K&N Air Filter
        ACCT
        Custom Paint by Deitz
        Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
        Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
        Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
        Stebel Nautilus Horn
        EBC Front Rotors
        Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

Comment

You can get those nuts from Partzilla for $2.35 each. Click on the part number.

95301-06600-00 NUT

I'm looking at item #10
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

I don't think that's the same one Marty. Scroll down on that page you linked and see everywhere that nut applies. I think that one is just one of the attaching nuts for the bracket.

I believe that long nut he's looking for is originally part of the bracket because the end of the bolt it goes on is spiked so it can't come off.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I guess it's an assembly.

Here is what's needed:

SEAT BRACKET one in stock.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Boy that is expensive

It may be cheaper in the long run to buy a used seat, seems like overkill.

Amazing there's not any after market stuff.

Here's a good diagram of those seat parts, thanks for that part number.

http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oe...9bc786e66/seat
                79 SF

Comment

So, this thread had my curiosity, so I did a quick Google, and found them to be called "coupling" nuts, for threaded rod as stated above.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/fasteners/nuts/coupling-nuts/_/Navigation?term=&termca=&termpx=&sortby=webrank&so rtdir=descending&searchmode=productSearch&zipcode= &filterByStore=&filterByVendingMachine=&r=~|catego ryl1:%22600000%20Fasteners%22|~%20~|categoryl2:%22 600072%20Nuts%22|~%20~|categoryl3:%22600076%20Coup ling%20Nuts%22|~%20~|sattr01:^Metric$|~%20~|sattr0 4:^Steel$|~
                  1979 XS1100F
                  2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I could be wrong but IIRC those are 10 x 1.25.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...endingMachine=
                      1979 XS1100F
                      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

No, I mean the ones on the bike Ian.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Only 24 and a 30mm length, at 1.5 pitch. U can try other places though . . .
                          1979 XS1100F

Comment

A great bunch of guys.....

I think we could add "ask and ye shall receive "to the end of xs 11.com
                            78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

I just read for anout 30 minutes on the XJ forum. Apparently the M10 x 1.25 pitch is not really made or seen anymore. Read tons of suggestions such as buying bar stock and tapping your own nuts (don't laugh). Come to think of it, I wonder if I have an extra set in my box of parts???
                              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Working...
                              X