Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta let the E go...

Hey y'all,

Because of recent circumstances I have come to the conclusion that my 78 E/ Venturer project is more than I can handle right now. Well, that and I need the money a whole lot more than I need another project right now.

It includes all the parts listed for it in my signature PLUS the original Pacifico fairing, bags and trunk, stock E seat. 2 exhaust systems, 1 stock that needs mufflers and 1 Mack 4 into 2 w/flair tips. Both fairings have lowers and the bike has new Shinko 712's.

There is just under 26,000 on the clock. engine is solid. I went through the carbs last spring and had it running good but it's been sitting and they probably need cleaning again.

I would like to get $1200 for it all but will consider any REASONABLE offer.
    Fixed for you...
    No shipping, pick up only.

Last edited by crazy steve; 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
    Hey y'all,

Because of recent circumstances I have come to the conclusion that my 78 E/ Venturer project is more than I can handle right now. Well, that and I need the money a whole lot more than I need another project right now.

It includes all the parts listed for it in my signature PLUS the original Pacifico fairing, bags and trunk, stock E seat. 2 exhaust systems, 1 stock that needs mufflers and 1 Mack 4 into 2 w/flair tips. Both fairings have lowers and the bike has new Shinko 712's.

There is just under 26,000 on the clock. engine is solid. I went through the carbs last spring and had it running good but it's been sitting and they probably need cleaning again.

I would like to get $12,000 for it all but will consider any REASONABLE offer.

I presume that price includes a quarter pound of gold thrown in for good measure. Hope your healing okay and getting back to normal
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hey y'all,

I would like to get $12,000 for it all but will consider any REASONABLE offer.

I presume that price includes a half pound of gold thrown in for good measure. Hope your healing okay and getting back to normal
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I'm looking for the gold plated parts? I hope somebody grabs your price, Greg!
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          I presume that price includes a half pound of gold thrown in for good measure. Hope your healing okay and getting back to normal
          I assume that's your subtle way of saying that the price is too high.

There's enough stuff there to put a NICE bike together and have parts left over to sell to pay for it. The bike has a clear title and has current tags.

The only reason I haven't put it together is it needs to be painted and I'm freakin' broke.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
            I'm looking for the gold plated parts? I hope somebody grabs your price, Greg!
            Which price Marty? The number or the REASONABLE offer?
            Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

It has been brought to my attention that I put too many 0's on that price.

Could I get one of our fine admins or mods to change the asking price to $1,200 please?
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Lol! Okay. I was gonna say the same... Holy cow.
                79F
                "Excelsior"
                Honda gl1100 handlebar
                Vetter IV fairing with speaker system
                OE headers,Jardine slipons
                Hid headlight 6000k
                Stock jets
                Shinko 712 F & R
                Oe hardbags and luggage rack
                TC fuse block
                K&n filter with oe airbox
                Raptor 660 Acct

Comment

Greg pull that fairing out and take some pics of it...I might be interested
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

In just the fairing or the whole package. I would really rather sell it all together. Or, at least try before I start piecemealing stuff.
                    Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

In just the fairing or the whole package. I would really rather sell it all together. Or, at least try before I start piecemealing stuff.
                      i thought you said there were 2 fairings???
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

There is, actually there are 3. The one Venturer fairing, a decent Pacifico and another not so good Pacifico I was planning on throwing in with the package anyway.

I also have the Cutter fairing I used to have on Okie. I had it on last year at XS Southeast.
                        Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

It has been brought to my attention that I put too many 0's on that price.

Could I get one of our fine admins or mods to change the asking price to $1,200 please?
                          Hi Greg,
                          I spilled my beer when i read the 12Thousand price. Then I thought maybe you had taken a hit to the head during your earlier mishap
                          12Hundred sounds like a give away price for all that stuff. I hope someone takes advantage of your offer soon.
                          Thanks for the entertainment.
                          Phil
                          1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                          1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                          2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I just thought that the 12,000 was a joke price and that he would sell for a "Reasonable price". I was wondering what area of pricing he was at but knew, any price is negotiable and that contacting the seller if interested would be the only way to find out.
                            Besides one gets way more coverage if they are trying to sell something that is silly overpriced as everyone gets in on the game. The link is probably spread half way across the world by now, and everyone who reads it will see the real price. Good marketing skills....maybe.. Generate interest...for sure.
                            2-79 XS1100 SF
                            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Glad I could brighten your day Phil. I had brain damage way before the wreck.

I wish I had actually thought of that Doug. Unfortunately Phil's diagnosis of lack of brain function is just what it is.
                              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X