Anybody need a seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody need a seat?

This seat came off my 80 Special. I'm tired of keeping it in the house. Great shape. Anybody interested? Not really interested in ebaying it.

80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Meeee!

Will it go on an '81 Venture?
    "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post
      Not sure. One of the bright folks here will answer though.
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post

No. That seat fits XS1100SG, XS1100LG, XS1100SH, and XS1100LH.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Thanks Marty.
          80 SG
          81 SH in parts
          99 ST1100
          91 ST1100

Comment

I would love to have it, I have one exactly like it on my SG. Impossible for me right now though unless you want to do some trading. I have lots of mechanical parts. (engine, trans., ect ect)
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Hey Dean,

I have a very similar seat but it's falling apart, this one looks in awesome condition. It should fit my 79 Special, right? What's the asking price?

Thanks,
              Michael

---------------------------------------------------

1979 XS1100 Special - "Viera"

Comment

Originally posted by 8SpadeEpiphany View Post
                Hey Dean,

I have a very similar seat but it's falling apart, this one looks in awesome condition. It should fit my 79 Special, right? What's the asking price?

Thanks,
                Michael
                It will bolt on OK but there will be a big hole in the back where the tail light goes on the 80 - 81 special.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

i think it may come in contact with the side covers as well.

79 special is unique in quite a few ways.

check out the inter change guide.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36552
                  Steven

1981 XS 1100 LH
                  1979 XS 1100 SF

Comment

cool seat

I like the look of that seat. how much do you want for it. It would go great on my SG
                    D-Dub

Comment

I have one on mine and I like it. Mine is from a Midnight Special.

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                        I have one on mine and I like it. Mine is from a Midnight Special.

In all Honesty it is the most comfortable seat I have had on a 79 special! Bar none.
                        Is it ugly? Hell No.
                        If I knew I was getting one in original shape I would trade it for my Mustang in a heartbeat!
                        Only thing is that 30 yr old leather or passing as such with a plywood backboard is only what it is. Without the proper sissy bar it will not do it's job and should be avoided.
                        I love those seats!!
                        2-79 XS1100 SF
                        2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                        80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                        Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

The ones like these, from a SG,SH,LG, or LH are designed to run without the sissy bar. They aren't as tall as the ones for the ones for the 79 Specials. They actually came WITH the sissy bar like the one I had on The Green Hornet.

Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I would like to get the definitive fitments for my seat so I can get the proper info to folks.
                            Marty said 80 and 81 Specials. Others said a bit different.
                            I also have the sissy bar, but I need to keep it at this point as a tie down/support for a pack.
                            Would any seat/sissy bar measurements help?

Sorry about a delayed response. Stupid computer problems..
                            80 SG
                            81 SH in parts
                            99 ST1100
                            91 ST1100

Comment

Dean,

Your seat came off of your XS1100SG, correct? That being the case, your seat directly fits XS1100SG, XS1100LG, XS1100SH, and XS1100LH. It will not fit any other motorcycle without modification. It is not a direct fit to anything, but those four models of XS1100. If I were you, and someone asks if it will fit a bike other than those four Specials, I would say, "No, it will not fit." If somebody wants to make it fit, it's on them. Same for the sissy bar. The XS1100SF is completely different.
                              Marty (in Mississippi)
                              XS1100SG
                              XS650SK
                              XS650SH
                              XS650G
                              XS6502F
                              XS650E

Comment

Working...
                              X