Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 "basket case" 1980 XS1100SG bikes for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 "basket case" 1980 XS1100SG bikes for sale.

I have 2 1980 XS1100SG bikes for sale. Both are in pieces and for the most part cleaned up for reassembly. One had a bent #3 exhaust valve, and the other bike had a dropped valve in #1 hole with a hole in the piston. Both sat outside for years before I got them, and I have found lots of new ways (to me) for rust removal. lol. I bought a new valve and lapped all the valves and cleaned up the head and installed new valve seals and reassembled the good head. I have the good motor cleaned up and painted, and have a new gasket set, but have not completely reassembled the motor yet. I was going to put it in with the head off to lighten it up a tad bit.
    I do have a clean Missouri title in my name on one, and I started to apply to the state for a title on the other (I paid the tax on it), but gave that up when I bought the bike with the clean title.
    I want to sell both in a package deal for $900.00 with title. I have an ad on St. Louis craigslist:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/3535777477.html

I am sorry I don't have any recent pics of all the parts, since it is such a PITA using my phone for a camera, taking the card out and such to get pics of stuff.. I assure you, there will be no dissapointments if you come get these bikes.

I live in St. Charles Missouri. 63301

My cell #3I4-4I3-43 34
    80 SG

What condition it the hoop engine guard in and would you sell just that?
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I saw that add the other day! Wondered if it was anyone on here. Sorry I don't have the cash to spare... Why not put the one bike back together and sell it as a running bike?
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Nate, the hoop bar has some rust, so could use plating, or paint, whatever you choose. I have the faring and luggage rack off and was going to sell it all separately. I am open to pretty much whatever, but am not going to start parting out the bikes.. not until at least one is back together and running.
        CatatonicBug, I have been thinking just that.. I was going to have the titled frame powder coated black, but may just do a few cans of Krylon and start reassembly. I don't usually quit projects like this midstream, but I bought a Kz1000 last october and just went through the Missouri abandoned vehicle titling process on that one.. and may buy another dead Kz1000 tomorrow.. I am running out of room to put motorcycles. :-) Since you are in St. louis, lets hook up. My cell # is in the ad.

Love this 65 degree weather on July 11. I was going to get the bike out today, but I had to work.
        Last edited by dcsmith; 01-11-2013, 05:43 PM. Reason: typos
        80 SG

Comment

Well, if/when you want let me know on the hoop guard.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

one is half together

I am doing as catatonic bug suggested, I have one bike half back together. It is looking good, especially considering I am working in a 10 X 10 shed.
            I sure could use a good SG seat pan or some info on how to fix a really rusty one. The front edge and parts of one front side is rusted out.
            80 SG

Comment

dcsmith: Your craigslist link has nothing on it. Post some pics.

Nate; you want one of those hoops I have 2. They interfere with the fairing mount though so some innovation may be required.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

pics

Hi Ba80, I would post some pics, but it requires uploading pics to a 3rd party server. Just getting pics from my phone to my computer involves removing the sim card and putting them on my laptop, then to post them to yet another site, is too time consuming. I do have pics of some of the different things and stages I had to do to restore these old motorcycles. I can put pics on CL easier than I can put them up here. I am in st. louis. I do have a bunch of pics in my other ads for XS1100 parts on St. Lous CL.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/3926294476.html

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mpo/4010014073.html

ps, nate got my hoop bar already
                80 SG

Comment

You can post pics to Photobucket directly from your phone. It works the same as posting them from your PC. You could also plug your phone into your PC with a USB cable to move them if you really wanted them moved. No need to remove the SIM card.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

for those of you with smart phones with internet access, no problem, I am sure. I have neither. I don't have text either.
                    80 SG

Comment

You don't happen to have an extra oil pan in that stash of parts do you? I just busted mine today
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

...and possibly a 4th gear as well?
                        1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

oil pan

I have the complete motor with dropped valve for parts. Come get it. I am in St. Charles. you can email direct dcsmith.electric@yahoo.com

I almost have my XS1100 ready to fire. I worked on it all day saturday, and plan on having it running (kinda) sunday sometime. It is looking good compared to what it looked like when I bought it.
                          80 SG

Comment

Working...
                          X