Standard Lighting - Complete Set NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Lighting - Complete Set NOS

I have a collection of NOS lighting parts I'd like to sell as a set. Includes the front unobtainium signals brackets, bucket, trim ring, reflectors, front/rear signal stems, and front/rear signal heads. All parts are NOS Yamaha.
    If you are going for a full out restore, I also have almost all of the engine covers which are also NOS.
    Took me about 4 years to put all this together and the wife has convinced me to go the stock full dress route on the rebuild. So, I no longer need the parts.

Taking offers on the lighting as a set only. A few of the parts are very hard to find NOS, let alone as a NOS full set.
    Current Stable:
    1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
    1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
    1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
    1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
    WTB:
    1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
    1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

78 lights

Originally posted by TheFrugalTech View Post
    I have a collection of NOS lighting parts I'd like to sell as a set. Includes the front unobtainium signals brackets, bucket, trim ring, reflectors, front/rear signal stems, and front/rear signal heads. All parts are NOS Yamaha.
    If you are going for a full out restore, I also have almost all of the engine covers which are also NOS.
    Took me about 4 years to put all this together and the wife has convinced me to go the stock full dress route on the rebuild. So, I no longer need the parts.

Taking offers on the lighting as a set only. A few of the parts are very hard to find NOS, let alone as a NOS full set.
    I don't know what you are looking to get for this set, but I am really interested as I am redoing a 79 standard and I need the front blinkers and the headlight. I would do $100-$150. Let me know what you think.
    Thanks,
    Lance
    1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
    1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
    1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

$100 might buy you the NOS trim ring on eBay and is not even close to what I have in the entire set.
      In fact the only trim ring I currently see on eBay is used and has some scuffing but they still want $50 for it.
      Keep in mind that these parts have not even been touched with a polish cloth and are absolutely flawless.
      I will take less than what it would cost to pick these parts up individually if they are going to a show level restore. But, I'm not in a "must sell" situation and will gladly hang on to them if need be.
      Current Stable:
      1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
      WTB:

Comment

Originally posted by Lbrown311 View Post
        I don't know what you are looking to get for this set, but I am really interested as I am redoing a 79 standard and I need the front blinkers and the headlight. I would do $100-$150. Let me know what you think.
        Thanks,
        Lance
        I do have a used bucket and trim ring in really good condition, no headlight with that lot though. I'll post some pics of it this weekend.
        Current Stable:
        WTB:

Comment

I am more interested in the front signal stays and the headlight mounting ears. Otherwise I have a head light and some ears I could trim down to fit and just mount the signals on the head light like the later models. Might be what I will have to do if they cost an arm and a leg, which it appears that way.

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Yeah, those brackets are scarce since they tend to get bent if the bike is dropped and the signal head hits the ground.
            One used set on eBay now and they want $120 for them.
            If I broke down the lighting set I have to eBay prices it would cost $700+ to pic it all up NOS. I'm not looking for that kind of money out of it but I'm not giving it away either.
            Current Stable:
            WTB:

Comment

Fraidy Cat

Originally posted by TheFrugalTech View Post
              Yeah, those brackets are scarce since they tend to get bent if the bike is dropped and the signal head hits the ground.
              One used set on eBay now and they want $120 for them.
              If I broke down the lighting set I have to eBay prices it would cost $700+ to pic it all up NOS. I'm not looking for that kind of money out of it but I'm not giving it away either.
              Heck, I'm skeeeeered to ask what U want for the engine cover set.
              Maybe if you could post some pics of what you got, a person might
              be able to make an educated guess on making an offer, same goes for the
              lighting set...If you ask for offers, don't 'spect people to offer full blown retail for all of it 'specially if theyr're only needing a few pieces of the set..I realize U have alot of money invested in the NOS parts...So take my thoughts with a grain of salt
              Current Rides:
              02 GL1800 Wing
              79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
              81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

Like I said before, not asking or expecting retail prices. But, not giving it away either (in reference to the 100-150 offer).
                Current Stable:
                WTB:

Comment

Pics

Here are pics of some of the parts. I need to take more of the remaining parts, not sure what happened to the remaining pics.
                  None of it has been polished or cleaned. So not even polish swirls in the chrome.
                  Feel free to drool.

Current Stable:
                  WTB:

Comment

In response to this. I actually found a parts bike south of the Twin Cities that had almost a complete 78E all broke down into parts and aquired the hard to find front signal mounts and a headlight bucket with mounts. Pretty much everything I was looking for....Even the side covers!

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Now that's a find!
                      Parts for your rebuild with some spares left over to hang onto.
                      Current Stable:
                      WTB:

Comment

Working...
                      X