Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs on ebay

Heads up,
    There's a full set of carbs with less than 3 Hrs left.
    Current bid, uder $55 !!!!!
    Someone's going to get a good deal !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:B:WNA:US:1123

Good luck
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Those are off an 81, based on the float bowls and drain screws. But the choke rod or lack of choke lever would suggest possibly XJ? Never seen the XJ carbs so I am not sure.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Someone got a good deal !!! $56 + $10 shipping..

DG, my G has carbs like that although I couldn't tell if it had the rubber plugs in the emulsion tube and the crossover. BTW - the enricher mechanism is on the other side where the idle stop knob is. Also the only diff between the XJ enricher mechanism and the regular ones is that it's actuated by a cable so no levers are necessary or visible either on the side.
      It has a cable jacket clamp bracket and a place for the lead knobby/thingy at the end of the cable to attach to the bar. Don't know if I was very clear in explaining this, but, that's my story and I'm sticking to it....
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Yeah, depending how many pilot screws or mixture screws are stuck or broken off, or float post that are broken, that may be a good deal.

As to being 81s, the drain on the two center float bowls has the side screw drain, as opposed to a drain plug in the center bottom. My understanding and what I have seen on stock bikes so far is that that side screw drain did not appear until the 81 model year.

I was looking for the choke lever mechanism on the side of the carb body where the bowl was removed, did not see it, and thought it could or even should be visible.

No real matter now, they are sold.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
          As to being 81s, the drain on the two center float bowls has the side screw drain, as opposed to a drain plug in the center bottom. My understanding and what I have seen on stock bikes so far is that that side screw drain did not appear until the 81 model year.
          That's about the same time they switched float adjusting procedures in the service manual. Fuel level instead of upside down float height.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
          X