Have 79 XS1100 to part out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have 79 XS1100 to part out

I have inherited a 79 no title XS1100. The previous possessor (my son-in law who received the bike to pay off a bar bill) tried to rebuild carbs and screwed them up. The #4 carb is dissassembled and looks bad after a couple of weeks in carb cleaner and the #2 has a poorly repaired broken screw in the body where the mounting bar was attached. The bike is complete and mostly together minus the carbs, seat, tank, and air cleaner (which are in a box). I am not a Yamaha guy, but do have some motorcycle knowledge and can wrench with the worst of them. If there are some parts you might be interested in, let me know and I can get them off and in your hands. The bike has 34,800 miles on it. I can check compression/spark or most other diagnostics that don't require a running engine (no carbs) for info purposes. Engine SN is 3H3-011963, bike # 3H3-011704 build date 2/79. It was last licensed in 2001. Most of the chrome parts are in good shape, the painted parts look as if they have been repainted black with something a little better than a broom. I believe it has an aftermarket exhaust that is pretty blue but not rusty. I can provide pictures of anything. I wanted to give the forum members first shot at the bike and parts before I go to eBay. If I have violated any of the forum rules, I'm sorry, and please let me know and I will correct my evil ways.

carbs

i am rebilding a set of 79 carbs and could use the parts.
    What would you let the carbs go for?
    PM me
    1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
    1980 midnight xs850 bagger
    1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
    1979 special Special runner
    2011 street glide

Comment

I am looking for a few electrical parts - rectifier, right side switch and ignition with key for my 78 XS1100E. PM if you have them for sale. Thanks.

Comment

I'm interested in both side covers, fuel tank, and possibly the seat.

What are the condition and prices of said pieces?

Thanks
        It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. -Murray Rothbard

Comment

parts?

I'm close enough to come & take the whole pile. Just don't have any more room.
          Nate is also close enough.
          What would you want for the whole pile?
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

I'm not sure what it would be worth, but it would be nice to have someone come and take it all. It would save me a lot of wrenching and shipping hassles. If you are that close, please come and take a loook at it to make sure there is enough good stuff there to make it worth your while. I have a truck and can deliver if necessary (ride the bike over if you want). I think that $300 is a good place to start negotiations...what do you think?

Comment

Hey Jim!

I might be able to ride by tomorrow. I'm going to a Mustang show in Loves Park & could come by after that.
              Email your adress to: tjclisham@hotmail.com
              ( & Phone #)
              Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
              stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

The XS is gone to a good home. I am glad someone who will take care of it and use it properly now is the owner. Thanks Tom,

Comment

Working...
                X