'80 XS11 G Tank decal stripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '80 XS11 G Tank decal stripes

Gonna give my baby a fresh coat of paint and clean her up before I sell her. Gotta great deal on a '93 Vmax. Need the decal stripes that go on the tank. Standard G model, 2 tone grey and charcoal tank with gold and black stripes. May change the color so different color stripes might work. Saw some online for $99.99 and was shoked!!!! Anybody got a line on these? I also want to redo the side cover emblems. Black background with gold chrome face. I know I won't be able to duplicate the chrome but I'm up for any suggestions, unless someone has a set for cheap.

Thanks to all you XS11 guru's. You are all so giving and dedicated.

The emblems will run just under about $50 each , but the replacement ones are actual gold plated metal rather than plastic like the original. The bad, they are just slightly smaller than the original as the guys doing the replication use good originals and the casting process actually requires that the mold be just slightly larger than the finished product, so they end up just slightly smaller because the mold is the same size as the original, but they are said to look REALLY good. The only other option is to try and refinish them yourself, there is a tech tip in the tech tip portion of the message base on how to do it, but it does take some work and doesn't look as good as original, AND to make things worse, doesn't work for those of us who flat out don't have the decals to start with.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
    X