Parting Out 1979 XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parting Out 1979 XS1100

I am parting out a 1979 XS1100 standard. The bike was "repaired" by a previous owner, but there are many good parts. I will list some of the highlights here, but please PM me if there is anything in particular you need and I will get you more info/pictures.

- Seat pan is unfortunately rusted out and unusable, the rear plastic cowl piece is scratched but intact, the metal side trim pieces are bent but probably workable

- Gas tank has scratches, chips, some small (< 1") dents, and manageable rust on the inside

- Most of the electronics are in good shape, with the notable exception of the fuse panel

- There are cracked fins and bolt holes on the cylinder head, cylinder, and engine cases.

- Fenders are in decent shape - the front has some minor bends, but they should both clean up well

- All break calipers and master cylinders are in working condition, however the mirror mount hole for the front master cylinder handle is stripped and unusable (you'd want to think about bar ends

- Wheels and rotors are in decent shape

- I haven't pulled the engine apart yet, but the cams look good, and the transmission shifts through all the gears.

- A new section of tubing was welded (ugly) into the left downtube of the frame, but it may be usable for an experienced welder (I have title and currently registered CA non-op)

- Sorry, I'm keeping the carbs.

Please ask if you are interested in any part listed or not and I'll let you know if I have it, the condition it is in, and I'll get you pictures if requested/possible. I am more interested in getting parts distributed to people who need them, so I will be as fair as I can on price. I am in the San Diego CA area, so come on by if you're in the area. Again, PM me for details - Thanks for looking!

plastic

front and back brake plastic...resourvoirs to hold fluid...dont need the metal just the plastic....
    windjammer gump
    bikes now own
    1981xs1100sh special
    1971 cb 350
    mini chopper project
    bikes use to own
    1978 750/four..
    1983kz1100 ltd

Comment

Looking for gears

Hey Sling42,

I have a 2nd gear problem on my xj1100. I am looking for the 5th wheel gear (the one with the 3 dogs on it - first one off the shaft) and maybe the 2nd wheel gear (the one with the 6 slots in it - second one off the shaft). Do yours look good and if so how much would you want for them.

Dave
      ---------------------------------
      1984 xj750 (running)
      1983 xj1100 (rebuilding)

Comment

How much for tank? If I can't get my bike sold, I may as well put the bigger tank back on it.
        http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/...01bfdb21_b.jpg
        1978 XS11 Standard -- For Sale or Trade
        4 into 1 (brand?)
        Special Tank (really sucks for size)
        Special Side covers
        Winjammer 5 fairing with Vetter Hard cases

1979 XS11 Special (has a new home elsewhere)

1982 Yamaha XV920J Virago - My new daily rider.
        National Cycle Plexi-3
        Saddleman double bucket seat
        custom paint

Comment

do you still have the tank? if so how much?

Comment

Side covers

Are the side covers available?
            79 XS1100 Standard

Comment

Side covers?

+1 side covers
              Gunnery Sergeant, USMC (Retired), (A gung ho, lifer, Devil Dog) Semper Fidelis
              XS1100E, 11.5" XV1100 shocks, "no name" 4 into 2 headers and turn out mufflers, stock air box, 140 mains, spade type fuse block, volt meter, LED conversion on running/turn/brake/tail lights, aux front driving and running light bar, 850 FD swap, Chrysler electronic VR. Ugly as a monkey's butt - runs like a scalded ape (WHEN IT RUNS)

Comment

Side Covers

Please let me know if the Left side cover is available. I am really interested in it. I'd take both as a matched set even. "Desperate" Thanks!
                79 XS1100 Standard

Comment

headlight

Originally posted by sling42 View Post
                  I am parting out a 1979 XS1100 standard. The bike was "repaired" by a previous owner, but there are many good parts. I will list some of the highlights here, but please PM me if there is anything in particular you need and I will get you more info/pictures.

- Seat pan is unfortunately rusted out and unusable, the rear plastic cowl piece is scratched but intact, the metal side trim pieces are bent but probably workable

- Gas tank has scratches, chips, some small (< 1") dents, and manageable rust on the inside

- Most of the electronics are in good shape, with the notable exception of the fuse panel

- There are cracked fins and bolt holes on the cylinder head, cylinder, and engine cases.

- Fenders are in decent shape - the front has some minor bends, but they should both clean up well

- All break calipers and master cylinders are in working condition, however the mirror mount hole for the front master cylinder handle is stripped and unusable (you'd want to think about bar ends

- Wheels and rotors are in decent shape

- I haven't pulled the engine apart yet, but the cams look good, and the transmission shifts through all the gears.

- A new section of tubing was welded (ugly) into the left downtube of the frame, but it may be usable for an experienced welder (I have title and currently registered CA non-op)

- Sorry, I'm keeping the carbs.

Please ask if you are interested in any part listed or not and I'll let you know if I have it, the condition it is in, and I'll get you pictures if requested/possible. I am more interested in getting parts distributed to people who need them, so I will be as fair as I can on price. I am in the San Diego CA area, so come on by if you're in the area. Again, PM me for details - Thanks for looking!

Is it the stock square headlight, complete with the mounts, how much, tried to pm you but you must have the pm's turned off
                  1979 xs1100 f
                  142 main, 45 pilot, Jardeen crosover 4/2, no air box
                  floats @ 25.7

1979 xs1100 F
                  1978 gl 1000 goldwing
                  1981 gl 1100 goldwing
                  !986 venture royale 1300

Just an ol long haired country boy, come to town to spend some egg money
                  when ya get bucked off, get back on

Comment

do you have the rear turn signal assemblies still for sale? mine are corroded and causing big probs for me. If so, I'll watch post or just drop me a message. thanks.
                    1980 xs1100g

Comment

Seat mounts

There are 2 rubber mounts under the seat pan, are those available? PM me please.
                      Previous Ride: 1979 XS1100 SF, '69 Triumph Daytona 500
                      Current Project: Son's 1980 XS1100 S
                      Current Ride: 1984 Goldwing

NW Chicago Burbs

Comment

Do you still have the rear master cylinder?
                        1979 XS1100 SF - My first project

Comment

do u have The front master cylinder for sale?
                          _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
                          1980 gs1000g "stock"
                          1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
                          2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

parting out 79 XS1100

Have the touring trunk? Thanks.

Comment

Its been 4 months since first post and no replies

Comment

Working...
                              X