sidecovers for XS1100 STD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidecovers for XS1100 STD

Hey taking of the side covers on my 79, Planning on making simple ones out of sheet metal. Any one in the Upstate area want them let me know. Say $20 for both. PM for pictures.

Those things are like gold! Especially the left ones. I've seen them sell for as much as $75 each! I'm sure you'll have a taker really quick.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

I think I have dibs... PM sent.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

lol! Cool. Ok checked VIN # XS1100F Indigo blue! The left one is perfect. Only problem is I have no key for the bike. So can't get cover off. *sad pouty face* Email for pic they need to be cleaned!

Comment

Totaly have dibs! take them!

Comment

Does anyone know if any '79F key works to take off the left side cover?
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

You may try just putting a screwdriver in it. OR any XS11 key, form what I have heard, that lock only uses the very beginning of the key and almost anything will work.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
                Does anyone know if any '79F key works to take off the left side cover?
                Nope. You have to have the correct key for that bike. Should be the same key for all 4 locks (ignition, Gas cap, side cover, helmet lock).
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

Oh poop really! Man that sucks did't make it out ti the locksmith today. How hard is it to remove the ignition?

Comment

Take the seat off. Use a long Philips screwdriver and undo the two screws that hold the lock on. Then you can remove the sidecover with the lock as one piece. Then there are three small screws holding the back on the lock, remove them. Push the lock mechanism ahead with your finger or a screwdriver and your done. The sidecover will be off and the lock is easily put back together. Then you can also take the lock to the locksmith and have a key made. This takes less than ten minutes to do.
                    The ignition is simply two nuts and an electrical connection. Very simple to get off.
                    2-79 XS1100 SF
                    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

FWIW, it's a lot easier to remove the ign. switch if you remove the headlight bucket first. Other than that, it's super simple.
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Cool thanx! you guys rock! Super happy I got the side cover off, now taking the ignition off so I can jump on the 440(only thing that I have not ripped apart this winter so it runs, dont judge me lol) and take it to a locksmith in auburn wed to get keys made!!! Thanx again. I hate asking so many questions, that seem simple enough, but I am still gettin the jive of it all...

Comment

lock

simple just take the helmet lock off take to locksmith. if they are a number on the key opening ; thats better he can look it up and you on you way. why pull switch.
                          79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

I could use the right side cover.
                            You know there are only about 20 keys for these things and they all have a code number stamped into the ingnition. It may be cheaper to get a key made from another xser's matching number key. My locksmith wanted $60 to make one from the ignition and $10 to make one from another key....
                            Nice to see a lady xs11head. I think Wildkat had the market cornered.
                            79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
                            80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
                            80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
                            79 DT 100

Comment

cover are sold

Thanks for the covers! If anyone needs a seat, she has a good one.
                              '79 XS11 F
                              Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                              Stock, no title.

Comment

Working...
                              X