Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna swap their 16" rear for my 17" rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone wanna swap their 16" rear for my 17" rear?

come on, it's like getting an extra inch for free!

I've got my heart set on some retro style Coker tires, and they don't have them in 17", so since my tank swap worked out so well, I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to trade their 16" rear wheel for my 17". Of course, the spacer and caliper bracket would be included in the swap.

Otherwise, if you've got a 16" you want to part with for cheap, let me know.

PM me...
    '81 H XS11 Standard.

I think I have a 16" rear you can have for free but to make it work you have to have the special caliper bracket and rear wheel spacer.

What year is your bike? I wouldn't mind a 17" tubeless wheel.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I PM'd ya... Mine's off a 81H. Send me your zip and approx weight and I'll check the shipping cost. I'll also have to see if I can score a spacer and bracket. I can probably modify or even make a bracket if needed, but I'll need a spacer for sure.
      '81 H XS11 Standard.

Comment

The special caliper bracket had a spacer welded to it and a shorter wheel spacer. This is because the disk sits further out from the wheel to make clearance for the smaller diameter wheel. If you can turn the one spacer and buy the other, you'd be good to go.

I'll dig out the wheel and give you a shipping estimate PDQ... However, it may not be worth the shipping cost.

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hi Geezer,

I have been working with him on this via PM's since this morning, I just didn't reply to the post.

Larry
          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
          82 XJ1100
          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Working...
          X