Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '79 F parts bike

Hi everyone,
    I have A '79 F parts bike for sale. Almost everything is still here including the rebuilt carbs. Motor runs but smokes A little, and trans is stuck in 4th. Accel coils, and A new battery, and A spare final drive. I can Email you A photo if you want one. I am located in So. Calif. and would like $100 for all. My Email address is pskmkk@yahoo or call me at760-247-6697 for more info, my wife also has the info if i'm not their.
    Thanx Paul Kelley

Crap. I'm too far away to get it but it would be a great home for one of my spare engines...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Do you have a kickstarter? I am tring to mount the kickstarter to my XJ...I have purchased the internals, but still need the actual kick pedal. 13021 is my zip. Thanks man!
      -Dana

Comment

Originally posted by danamoose View Post
        Do you have a kickstarter? I am tring to mount the kickstarter to my XJ...I have purchased the internals, but still need the actual kick pedal. 13021 is my zip. Thanks man!
        -Dana
        The XS engines only make use of a emergency kick start level. It is not the typical folding units that you would see on other bikes. If you search the threads you might find a thread about adding a folding kick starter to the bike. That being said, the kick starter is not of much use on these bikes because by the time there's not enough power to operate the starter, there will not be enough power to start the bike even with the kick starter. That's pretty much why it was dropped from the design in the first place. In a bind your better off bump starting the engine.
        Rob
        KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
        1978 XS500E
        1979 XS1100F Restored
        1980 XS1100 SG
        1981 Suzuki GS1100
        1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
        1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

parts bike

Sorry I do not have the kick starter anyway
          Paul

Comment

Xs11

Hi everyone,
            just too let you know I still have the parts bike and
            still for sale. Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Kelley View Post
              Hi everyone,
              just too let you know I still have the parts bike and
              still for sale. Paul
              The price is right but I Googled your town and there's no way I could make a trip that far to pick it up. Bummer...

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

'79 F parts bike

Hi everyone,
                Ijust sold the bike Thanx Paul

Comment

Working...
                X