1979 xs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1979 xs1100

I am selling my '79 xs11. It is a great bike, but I do not feel comfortable with its power. I think i need to begin around the 250cc range. If you are on this site you know all about xs11's and how great they are. i am located in Greenwood, SC and asking $1000 obo. This is a great bike. Bike runs good has alot of new stuff!! New rear tire ,new headlight, new fuel lines,new carb bowl gaskets and idle jets, and highway pegs. I can email a picture of the bike if interested.

email me whenever keithmccaslan@yahoo.com
    Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.

'79 xs1100 Special (All Blacked Out)

I'm sorry you have to sell it. I do have to say though, after you ride a 250 for a few months, then upgrade to a 500-600 for another year or so, you're gonna kick yourself for getting rid of it.

Might want to post pictures directly here for better exposure too.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

i as bug think u will be making a mistake. now that u have rode it nothing will have the power it does off the line or have power left over to pass that car.
      1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Believe me, it is not all my decision. I would like to keep it, but with a baby and a wife to think about, I have been persuaded to walk away from it.
        Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.

'79 xs1100 Special (All Blacked Out)

Comment

i might understand that but even i have a daughter. even i know ivan has a wife and 8 kids. there is so many of use who have kids and a wife on here.
          1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
            I'm sorry you have to sell it. I do have to say though, after you ride a 250 for a few months, then upgrade to a 500-600 for another year or so, you're gonna kick yourself for getting rid of it.

Might want to post pictures directly here for better exposure too.

I agree with Bug, if you happen to get rid of your XS dont go smaller than a 400cc. A 250 will feel worse than a moped after being on your XS. I dont know what kind of "frame" your body is, but even my girl friend (5'9") would feel too big on a 250. Besides, unless your going to stay in the 30mph zones you almost become a hazard, or at least a bother to the cagers as the 250's have no @ss and take a really long time to get to 55 or even 60. GL
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Keep it and just don't use the power it has until your comfortable with it. Put a throttle limiter on it.
              Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

FWIW, I have 6 (SIX) children.
                Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

opps sorry about that ivan
                  1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

Originally posted by devilschld View Post
                    i might understand that but even i have a daughter. even i know ivan has a wife and 8 kids. there is so many of use who have kids and a wife on here.
                    Geeze Ivan, I knew you had some kids, but two that you didn't even tell us about. What, do you keep them locked up in the basement? Man, you think you know some people!
                    '81 Venturer U.S. Navy Air Commemorative
                    '79 Special

Comment

/cue song "Every Sperm is Sacred"
                      Last edited by Ivan; 11-09-2009, 10:22 PM.
                      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
                      X