Needed '79 xs1100 casing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed '79 xs1100 casing

I need a speedometer casing for a '79 xs1100. Mine are round. I currently do not have a speedometer. I have ordered the drive cable and a speedometer, but I do not think the casing comes with it. I have searched ebay over and over. Can anyone help?
    Judgments prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.

'79 xs1100 Special (All Blacked Out)

What did you order? Can you post a link to it? If your gauges are round, you have a Special. For '79, that would make it an XS1100SF. You might want to put that in your signature file so people know what model you are asking for help with.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks, I was not aware it was a special.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370275285600
      I was told it would fit. My tachometer is round. So I figued my speedometer should be as well. They may not be original. I ordered a drive cable as well that I was told would work. Let me know what you think.

Comment

link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370275285600

Comment

maybe not

looks like I cannot post the link...sorry. It is stated to be a 1980 yamaha xs1100 spedo. I was told it would work.

Comment

Here's the link.

From the picture, it looks like it does not come with the housing. All you need is the housing from ANY XS11 Special.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold
            1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
            Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
            Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
            -H. Ford

Comment

The housing looks like it's there, It's just black.
              Looks just like the 140 on my XS750 2D, Including the connector...

I just happen to be working on the 160 for my 79 XS11 Special as the needle broke off. Noticed the connector is different than the one on Ebay.
              Richard

Comment

Working...
              X