1980 xs1100 sg special parts for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 xs1100 sg special parts for sale

I just picked up a 80 sg xs11 special for parts, it's in great shape for a parts bike. I'll be listing parts on ebay and selling online.
    79 XS11 Special (Lazarus)
    80 XS850 Special (Old Faithful)
    80 XS11 Standard sorta stock (Beatrice)
    79 DT 100

I was looking for a tank, headlight and gauges on ebay and saw this bike listed for $499. It had everthying I needed and I talked him into delivery for $50. It has a crazy motor that had new rings and a valve job about 2 years ago. The mechanic told me he just cleaned the carbs. The one piston doesn't run right. It's getting spark and I believe fuel. I just noticed the wrong plugs were in it. bpes 7's not 6's. I just put the correct ones in and shot some carb cleaner in it. I keep dragging my feet on ripping it apart because I don't want to end it's life, but if I fix it i'll still need the parts! I'm going back out to mees with it a little later.
    79 DT 100

Comment

Why was it sold for parts, not title? It looks too nice to be used for parts, what are your plans for it?
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I have the title, I'm going to mess with it for another day or two. If it doesn't come around I'm going to take the parts I need and sell the rest.
        79 DT 100

Comment

Before you take it apart, try putting some Marvel Mystery oil or PB Blaster in the cylinder. I have one that sat for a couple of years before I got it. It had two bad cylinders that were low on compression. I put some Marvel oil in it and let it set for a couple of days. Leave the plugs out and spin it over to get the oil out. Then see what it will do. You may have to clean the plugs a time or to to get the oil off them after you try to start it. If it was bored or honed when the work was done and then not run much, it might not have got the rings seated good. I would try this before parting. Might get more for a running bike these bays.
          Stacy Clontz Farmville, NC
          1980 XS1100SG
          1971 Maico 400 Square Barrell
          1973 Honda CR250M

Comment

The compression is 118-95-122-97.
            79 DT 100

Comment

Hey if you do decide to part that bike out I would be very interested in the frame providing you have the clear title that can be transferred to me. I made the huge error of not getting the title of my project bike transferred and now I find out that I cannot get it transferred because the original owner died and his sister (who sold me the bike) needs everyone in his family to sign off on the death certificate. She says she simply cannot locate everyone who needs to sign. All of this over a 300 dollar bike has me disgusted. Either way I am in need of a frame I can build from. I already have everything stripped off of my bike so my plan now is to just find another frame with a title to rebuild on. I'm also in NEPA Mountain Top to be specific. Please PM me if you do decide to part out..I'm in a bit of a bind and I'm not sure how long/much it costs to apply for an invouluntary title transfer through the court of common pleas haha. Thanks, Ryan
              1982 XJ 1100 Maxim-Bobber Project

Comment

I broke it down last night. The frame is stripped and ready to go. I have the title. PM me and we will talk about it.
                79 DT 100

Comment

I just bought an XS & need some parts

I just bought an 81 XS1100 & need some parts to bring it back to stock..

mufflers
                  shocks
                  rear turn lights
                  seat

I'd also be interested in the windshield off your bike.

PM me if you still have any of this stuff.

Thanks
                  Twin
                  Last edited by twinwillows; 11-10-2009, 11:08 AM. Reason: added seat

Comment

I have the brakes, cdi, electronics, motor, exhaust holders, rear pegs, and the right side cover. That's about all that is left. And a few items left on ebay, all end soon.
                    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/xs11love...1&_from=&_ipg=
                    79 DT 100

Comment

Thanks anyway..

Comment

Working...
                      X