Vetter trunk on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter trunk on ebay

This is not my ad but is a good deal.2 days left @ .99 cents.
    listed as a xs850 trunk so no bidders.it will fit most any bike with the proper rack.
    tem number: 250507356942 on ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/80-Ya...item3a5366eb0e
    1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
    1980 midnight xs850 bagger
    1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
    1979 special Special runner
    2011 street glide

will that fit on an

80 xs11?????
    There is a VERY fine line between "hobby" and "mental Illness"
    I don't own a classic I RIDE one

Brad Norton
    Kearney, Ne

Photojournalist
    Hobbies-Family
    rock and tree climbing, rescue ropes, firefighter, Boy Scouts leader, metal detecting and camping

age 49

1980 XS1100SG Special- My very first bike!!!

Comment

Vetter trunks will fit on ANY bike. As long as you have a luggage rack, it just straps to the rack with U-bolts. The rack that comes with it is bike-specific, so THAT part will not work on an XS11. Be sure to replace the rubber "bunkees" that connect the box to the mounting bracket though. The rubber is probably 30+ years old and falling apart.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Didn't have to replace my bunkees. They were original and didn't fall apart.
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
          Didn't have to replace my bunkees. They were original and didn't fall apart.
          Wow.. Well, I've gotten 2 sets so far, and they were totally crumbled and falling apart. Several were completely broken in half.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
          X