Vetter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetter

Windjammer IV Vetter. No key Salem Oregon. Hard to ship, but could Do Greyhound.
    1980 midnight xs1100 Rebilt cosmetically
    1980 midnight xs850 bagger
    1980 Special xs1100 (all apart)
    1979 special Special runner
    2011 street glide

2011 street glide

Comment

Price

opps.
      It's going for 50.
      2011 street glide

Comment

Not too shabby. Do you have the mounting bracket? Fairings are dime-a-dozen, but the mounting brackets are what are valuable.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
          Not too shabby. Do you have the mounting bracket? Fairings are dime-a-dozen, but the mounting brackets are what are valuable.
          As a matter of fact i have 2, one Homemade in not to bad of shape.and the outer is for a standerd,I think.I could take pics if some one would like.

3 pig tails that mount to the windjammer. One is cracked but still useable.

Cat,
          Do you have any pictures of Just your mount so i could compare?
          2011 street glide

Comment

Oh!

PM sent! I have a bracket coming...is the locking compartment on the fairing? ...you said wiithout a key...but I think there are ways to get it off...
            Last edited by madmax-im; 09-17-2009, 06:21 AM.
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I replaced the lock mechanism on the used Vetter I have with a Tru-Value lock. Proce was reasonable, around $6 if I recall corectly. I used the 'arm' that was on the back of the original lock. Not diffucult. Same style lock fits the saddlebags, BTW.
              Jerry Fields
              '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
              '06 Concours
              My Galleries Page.
              My Blog Page.
              "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I don't have pictures of just the bracket. Sorry. I REALLY don't want to pull the fairing off just to take pictures of it either... Next time I take it off for some reason, I'll be sure to snap some pictures.

I drilled the lock out of my locking compartment, but I wish I hadn't. If you take it to a locksmith, he should be able to make a new key for under $20. That will retain the weather shield over the locking hole that the true value locks don't have. Plus, the true value locks (mine anyway) rattle like crazy. All the other locks on my luggage are original Vetter ones, and none of them make a sound.
                1980 XS850SG - Sold
                Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

I don't have pictures of just the bracket. Sorry. I REALLY don't want to pull the fairing off just to take pictures of it either... Next time I take it off for some reason, I'll be sure to snap some pictures.

I drilled the lock out of my locking compartment, but I wish I hadn't. If you take it to a locksmith, he should be able to make a new key for under $20. That will retain the weather shield over the locking hole that the true value locks don't have. Plus, the true value locks (mine anyway) rattle like crazy. All the other locks on my luggage are original Vetter ones, and none of them make a sound.
                  The locking compartment is on the fairing.It would easy fix if not.
                  Sorry.

Cat,
                  Thanks anyway,I dont blame on that note.I'll look around on the net.
                  2011 street glide

Comment

Originally posted by radical123 View Post
                    The locking compartment is on the fairing.It would easy fix if not.
                    You can just take the entire fairing to the locksmith. They can open it, and make a new key very easily.
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

You can just take the entire fairing to the locksmith. They can open it, and make a new key very easily.
                      Looks like thats what I will be doing...LOL
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Hmmm...I have Tru-Value locks in the fairing pocket and one one bag, have never rattled. The ones I used are the round barrel locks that look almost identical to the Vetter originals. Think I may have had to bend the arm slightly, has been since 2000 since I did the replecement, not sure. At any rate they worked OK for me, is a Vetter IV.
                        Jerry Fields
                        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                        '06 Concours
                        My Galleries Page.
                        My Blog Page.
                        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Working...
                        X