Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 79 oil pan gasket

any one got one? pm me.
    1979 XS1100SF (4-1 Kerker, XS Pods, 145 mains, 45 pilots, drag bars, blacked out)

It comes in a tube that says "Ultra Grey Silicone Gasket Maker". Permatex makes it and it works well. I used it on my scoot and have had zero problems. Just make sure the surfaces are very clean.

Why wait around for several days for a gasket when you could be riding?
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

I use Permatex "Ultra Black" on mine. Done it a few times with no problems. Just be sure to follow the instructions. Clean both surfaces with brake parts cleaner to get rid of ALL oil (including fingerprints) and use a thin bead all the way around one surface (including a circle around each bolt hole). Finger tighten the bolts, wait an hour, then torque them down. Works perfectly, and if you ever need to remove it again, cleanup is as easy as hitting both surfaces with a small wire "toothbrush".
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X