Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Items for TRADE or cheap/free if really needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items for TRADE or cheap/free if really needed!

I have a 79 Standart tank. It is painted flat black, bondoed over emblem mounts, and freshly por-15 coated. The mouting bolt was cut off, so you'd have to figure out how to mount it or just weld another one on. Tank is great inside! Used CLR for 48 hours inside tank. Sloshed it around in there, and then used electrolysis for 72 hours to get ALL the rust so there is NO rust at all in this tank. I then bought the por-15 gas tank sealer kit and followed the instructions to a tee.

I also have a seat for the same bike. No rips that I can see but it is dark now and I will check in the morning.

I also have stock coils and some other various parts for FREE! Just email me what you need and I will see if I have it.

I am rebuilding my carbs right now and tips, new parts you aren't using, exhaust gaskets, or anything else you could barter would be all I am looking for.

-Rick

Just PM me for parts
    1979 XS1100 Standard

Ahh, the Brotherhood of the Traveling Parts!
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

seat

i could use your std. seat send me pm what you asking for it. i really need one bad i just took cover off mine to recover it and the pan is rotted beyond repair. thanks rowdyboy
      79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Coils and electrical parts

I also sent you a private message. But, do you still have the coils and what other electrical parts do you have?
        gene borg

Comment

I could really use the rectifier/regulator if you still have it. My 79 xs1100 is my second bike and i'm new to the parts but my buddy tells me that it's getting bad on mine and one that works would help solve some of the electrical problems i've been having. let me know if you have it still, thanks!
          1979 XS 1100F

Comment

The parts I didn't use, in regards to electrical, are all the part that are not absolutely needed to run the bike. So I upgraded the coils, so I have those, and I have a tank and a seat. I also have some mirrors and random parts that I can't think of at the moment. I will check and post back. I would be shipping it from Spokane, WA 99223, so just figure out the shipping to your house and that is what you will pay.

I am looking for carb rebuild kits for a 79 standard, a special speedometer cluster, battery box, rear wheel bearings, progressive forks, stearing bearings, exhaust gaskets, or anything else that is aftermarket upgrade/mod, or cool...

I am not looking to sell any parts. I would just charge someone shipping, and have them send me some parts I am looking for.

Thanks,
            -Rick
            1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

okay I just realized that I need a new carb float. I will trade any of these items for a float...

Thanks!
              -Rick
              1979 XS1100 Standard

Comment

Originally posted by rowdyboy321 View Post
                i could use your std. seat send me pm what you asking for it. i really need one bad i just took cover off mine to recover it and the pan is rotted beyond repair. thanks rowdyboy
                Hi Rowdyboy,
                if you can't find a replacement seat base, you could try this:-
                Get that iron lace sandblasted and put 3 layers of fiberglass over top of it. The base will be mebbe 1/8" thick when it's done which will still allow a replacement cover to fit. If the teeth that hold the cover on are gone, you can use contact cement or pop rivets instead.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Clerek View Post
                  okay I just realized that I need a new carb float. I will trade any of these items for a float...

Thanks!
                  -Rick
                  i have some floats for an 81 xs1100 not sure if theyll work also have 3 bodies and parts for 4
                  1981 XS1100LH
                  1995 Tomos Targa Moped

Comment

Tank

I would like the tank if it's available. I have front and rear signals a pretty nice rear chrome fender with taillight, and an airbox with the rubber boots. I also have 2 petcocks from a special tank that worked well. 80 mph square speedo and tach....tach has the rubber sealing boot is torn up. black square headlight. My current tank is trashed when I bought the bike it was leaking fuel out of the paint. It was full of rust pinholes and the kreem the PO put in is now peeling off and allowing fuel to seep out. Let me know if you're interested in any of these items for the tank.
                    1980 XS1100G
                    Tulsa, OK

Comment

Originally posted by Clerek View Post

Thanks!
                      -Rick
                      I've got a set from a 79 standard. PM me and we'll talk.

MeatTooth, we're neighbors!

Fix that fuel leak and we can ride sometime. Otherwise NO SMOKING!

I'm west of the river.

Comment

I have 2 brake caliper rebuild kits that I would trade for the tank. Ther are K&L part number 32-1605 or part number BCF-205. let me know if you're interested.
                        1980 XS1100G
                        Tulsa, OK

Comment

Flasher

Looking for a signal flasher for my 1983 XJ1100, square black one.... not the silver cylinder one.

Comment

Working...
                          X