Looking for a '79 standard seat and carb parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a '79 standard seat and carb parts

I am looking to get a different seat for my '79 standard. Does anyone have one for sale, or possibly a trade? I am also looking for a couple of carb parts. They are the spring and ball that put pressure on the choke shaft. I lost them while cleaning my carbs. If looking at the '79 standard microfiche of the carbs, I believe it is part 70 and 71. Anyone? I will post pics of seat and what the carb parts look like need be.
    Stock '79 xs1100 Standard

lost ur balls eh....

hey there Brasco18....sorry but couldn't resist......2 d*mn easy......either check with your local dealer or go to mikesxs.com....just don't mention what bike you have to mikesxs.com....they are sorta funny about that...go figure....if not i'm sure someone here can tell ya what size they are and go buy them wholesale.....also i have a way to put them back in that is pretty much fool proof....let me know if ya need help....just my 2 cents.....good luck....ross
    rebel devil
    1979 xs 1100f standard
    authenic historical vehicle
    42°36'23.52"N, 82°52'44.78"W
    "I'M IN MY HAPPY PLACE"
    "i got 14 jobs mon....you only got 1 job....you lazy bones mon"
    "if you don't wrench on it, get behind me satan!"
    '96 venture cct.....installed!
    stainless, braided, pvc coated brake lines
    i can translate...deustch, nederlands, 汉语, 漢語, français, ελληνικά, italiano, 한국어, português, русско, español and most importantly, 日本語....

Comment

Thanks for the advice ross (by the way, my name is Ross), but the dealer doesn't work on bikes older than '85 (they won't even look at them!) and mikesxs.com doesn't have the part I need. I have an 1975 xs650 and lived at that site while fixing it up. So, again, does anyone have these parts I am looking for?
      Stock '79 xs1100 Standard

Comment

I have the original seat for a 79 F(Standard). I don't need it. It won't fit my 80 G.
        It has one small (1") hole along the seam, but is otherwise in good shape. I was sort of bummed I couldn't use it. My 80 seat is a mess!
        PM me if you're interested. I could figure out a way to ship it to you if you want it. I'll try to get some pix of it if you want.
        Let me know...
        80 XS1100G w/ Windjammer-the Witch
        79 XS1100F

"Look Ma! No hands!...."

Comment

I have a 79 king/queen seat in decent shape if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
          X