XJ transmission parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ transmission parts

Not sure if the other bikes are the same but I would guess they are. I need the #3 fork shifter. Anyone know if any of the parts from the Yamaha triples would be the same?
    Thanks
    KW
    1982 XJ1100J
    1980 XS850SG

Might be easier to find if I call it the right name. #3 shift fork.
    1982 XJ1100J
    1980 XS850SG

Comment

The XS and XJ use the same transmission parts. XJ oil pan is different, has a hole for the oil level sensor. Early XS models had a kick start mechanism that was dropped in later (81?) models, so have an extra shaft that protrudes out of the transmission case and a few extra gears inside. On the XJ the kick start shaft hole is plugged with a black rubber plug; theoretically you could find the early pats and put a kick starter on your XJ.

I've looked at ost other parts from Yamaha bikes as I need to do transmission work myself, and the part numbers are not even close. I doubt any of the Yamaha tripple forks would work.

Keep in mind the forks are numbered from left to right as you sit on the bike, so #3 shifter is closest to the clutch.
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Kevin, did you find the #3 shift fork or are you still looking?
        I have a transmission in pieces in the shed and and if you still need one I will go and look for it.
        PM me
        Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
        XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

Working...
        X