Two Bikes for Parts ***FREE***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Bikes for Parts ***FREE***

Folks I've had these two bikes for several years now. I got them in a trade and initially had the intention of rebuilding at least one of them, however the old time factor slipped up on me and I haven't done anything. I've really lost interest now and rather than haul these two bikes to the dump (which I almost did), I would like to see them go to one of you guys. Both are 1981 models, one a H model and the other is an SH. The H model actually runs, but smokes to high heaven and has 2nd gear problems. I'm pretty sure the valves are rusted allowing oil to sneak by. Both bikes are low mileage (mid 20's) The SH I'm not sure if it runs or not. When I got it the carbs were in a box and I've never put them back on to find out. Both bikes have fairings, but the windshields are broken. The H model has the luggage racks and the fiberglass saddlebags. All of the stuff is useable but needs repairs. If any of you guys can use these bikes, all you have to do is bring your trailer and load em up. I want part them out, so don't ask. You can either take one or both, but you've got to take the whole bike. If interested send me an email at: rlc185@gmail.com. I live in Central Georgia, about 2 hours south of Atlanta.

I live in Columbus ga and would love to take the bikes off your hands.I own a 80 special and love it. I am not clear are you giving the bikes up for free or is there a price.

I can be reached at.....

douglas@pbstudios.net or call me at
    404-803-5832

My name is Douglas

Comment

Dauhh I just missed the Free part of the post.

Douglas

Comment

Bikes are gone. They were picked up today.

Comment

Who got them????? I think everyone else is a day late and a dollar short.
          79 XS11

Comment

It was a fellow down in Fla. He contacted me within minutes of my posting the bikes. I'd rather not give his name out as some people can be a little touchy about that. He'll probably speak up if he doesn't mind. Where abouts in South GA are you from?

Comment

Valdosta. By way of the Air Force.
              79 XS11

Comment

I hear it was some punk in Florida panhandle...guess the world will never know...
                1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Nobody but us chickens.

Comment

Some punk from the panhandle. Is he from Tallahassee? If so good find. I guess I'll have to stay online more. Maby the person who got them will show up at The Eighth Annual Riding Into History World Golf Village near St. Augustine. I'll be there on the 19th of May. Hope to see you there also, Snow.
                    79 XS11

Comment

Is this some type of event? Got a website link handy? I haven't been to any rallies yet, but I'd love to and think my bikes will be good to go by then.

And um.....could be
                      1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
                      1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
                      http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

And um.....could be

Sounds like it could be a "Snow-Job"

mro

Comment

Check out the web site http://www.ridingintohistory.org/home.htm It's an event with nothing but vintage bikes in show condition. Myself and a few friends are going to ride over and back the day of the show (about 160mi one way). I have to only 11 of the bunch. If you go to the site click on the speed link on the left side and you'll see what the event is about.
                          79 XS11

Comment

Working...
                          X