Parts from 1981 special h model for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts from 1981 special h model for sale

I picked up this bike today.Complete basket case in several boxes. No frame,no exhaust,no headlight bucket,jugs, gone,no seat,front fender and forks pitted, Really just parts. A brief summary of what looks good: TCI, wiring harness,handlbars,gauge cluster,has a nice darkblue almost black set of hardbags with all the mouning hardware.These are the side ones, has keys, lids work, not cracked,paint is a little faded in places,chrome is not pitted. rear fender is good. Gas tank is black not dented, usual scratches, no key,no petcocks,but has sending unit,chrome is good, match pair of sidecovers as well of course the lock tab is broken on left side, send me a PM with your needs. Also have 78e,80sg parts as well right now. andreas

Andreas, I moved your thread over here to the for sale section instead of the wanted to buy section. KT

I opened up the gas cap no key, real clean shiney metal inside. Amazing, no dents,black in color,still has the emblems. Carbs are missing the bowls so these are up for parts instead of a whole assembly,had a nice set of stock pistons with rings,transmission in a box now looked good no broken parts. has a decent set of chrome crash bars, hard bags have key and lids open nice,left controls good,tci is the 4ro one, scraped out the brakes but rear master was good, forks were pitted and scraped,Triple tree was decent,gauge cluster was good and so was the tach,the cylider head was off already have not yet looked inside. andreas

Comment

The only thing I'm looking for is the gasket that goes between the tail light housing and the lens.
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Do you still have the tank and side covers ?

Douglas

Comment

How do 5th and 2nd gear look? Rebuildable?
          Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
          78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
          02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

side panel please

need a left side panel with undamaged lugs, and lockable. Can you help?

Comment

looking for saddle bags
              1982 xj1100j

Comment

Update on what is left for sale that is 81 xs1100 specific. TCI,tach,octopus,cylinder head,wiring harness,triple tree,

Comment

need parts

I'm looking for info and parts. i may need a stator for my 80 special. Not sure thought I measured the inner coil at 3.6ohms and the outer coil has 4 connections that all read about .7 ohms the each other. Not sure if this is good but I would like to get my hands on te whole assembly w/ cover as well. I am also looking for the right side throttle handle and switch housing that holds the start button. Can you help or provide any of these parts?

Comment

xs parts

Sorry, i have none of what you need, regards garyt

Comment

do you still have the handlebare for the 81??????if so are thay the higher ones?

Comment

No Bars, Sorry, Email my buddy Mark, he may hav a set. xs1100@blueyonder.co.uk

Comment

Just a question here. We have a 1980 Xs1100 special that has been restored to good/very good condition. What do any of you think about parting this bike out vs, selling it outright. Just thinking about wat will bring more money to allow for a bike more suitable for my bro-in-law and his wife to go on longer trips.

Comment

We have a 1980 Xs1100 special that has been restored to good/very good condition. What do any of you think about parting this bike out vs, selling it outright.

UGGGHH Boink Crash... Notta

We believe in reserecting the dead around here so I dont think
                            you will get too many votes on parting it ,Sad to say tho
                            Unfortunatly they are worth more parted out especially in nice condition
                            I vote keep her in one piece sell it outright and let someone else enjoy a great bike who really wants it
                            CHEERS

Oh bye the WAY

Is it a Special how much you want for the side covers

HAHAHAHHHaa

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Well, hummmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll ask my brother in law and see what he says but Im thinking after all the work, parts and paint we would have to get about $2,000.00 for the side covers ............BUT!!!, I think we could throw the bike in on the deal for about fifty cents. Had to try..............

Comment

Working...
                              X