Pipes anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipes anyone?

Just letting y'all know that I will be cutting up my exhaust pretty soon. It is all stock and it's actually in really good shape (asdie from the batt corrosion on the left muffler).

If anyone want's a nice set off of a 79 special, and has a set they don't need that would work... I would trade, or sell mine, or whatever. All I need is the headers... I think.
    "It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

I have the set off the '82 xj 1100 parts bike I just got. I'm not going to be using them. They are headed to ebay...

sorry, no signature--illiterate!!

Comment

Exhaust

Threebanger,
      What do you want for the exhaust off the XJ? I don't need them right now but i like the looks of the stock pipes and mufflers. Just looking for a spare set to have on hand.

Thanks Tom

82 XJ DAILY RIDE
      78 XS1100E FIXING UP
      79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
      82 XJ IN THE ROUGH
      Thanks Tom
      82 XJ DAILY RIDE
      78 XS1100E FIXING UP
      79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
      79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
      80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
      82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

I have someone that has expressed interest in them. I'll let you know if that doesn't happen, okay?
        sorry, no signature--illiterate!!

Comment

Re: Pipes anyone?

Originally posted by Kurt
          Just letting y'all know that I will be cutting up my exhaust pretty soon. It is all stock and it's actually in really good shape (asdie from the batt corrosion on the left muffler).

If anyone want's a nice set off of a 79 special, and has a set they don't need that would work... I would trade, or sell mine, or whatever. All I need is the headers... I think.
          Can you send me some detailed pics?
          XS1100 3X0 '82 restomod, 2H9 '78 chain drive racer, 3H3 '79 customized.
          MV Agusta Brutale 910R '06.
          Triumph 1200 Speed Trophy '91, Triumph 1200 '93.
          Z1 '73 restomod, Z1A '74 yellow/green, KZ900 A4 '76 green.
          Yamaha MT-09 Tracer '15 grey.
          Kawasaki Z1300 DFI '84 modified, red.

Comment

Pipes

Yo!
            I am restoring a 79 special and am looking for a set of pipes in good shape that I can clean up and re-chrome. If there is no dents and the rust isn't pitted too badly I am very interested.

Joe

Comment

Here are some pics. There is very minor surface rust in the usual spots. But nothing that won't clean up. The biggest problem is the head of one of the bolts holding on the little heat shield is broke off. Not hard to get out though.

"It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."

Comment

Do you still have these pipes ?

D.

Comment

Working...
                X