side covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side covers

i need a left side cover for a 80 or 81 xs1100 special. i have two what i believe are standard covers. i aquired these in the learning experience of not knowing what fit from ebay. please help i need one of these

I just checked my side cover stash, and I do have a left side cover for an 80-81 Special. I'll take $35, S&H included.

Comment

side covers

hey do you want paypal? or would like a check or money order or what. let me know i would like it. the holes are th round ones not slots right. not doubting you just making sure.
      thanks, max

Comment

side covers

hey dont be pissed but another guy offered one up for 25 shipped so i will go with that one. since i am a cheapass

Comment

Man! That IS a steal!

Wish we had been that lucky when we were looking for a side cover...
          Andreas charged $50 for the side I bought (wanted $60 from John for the same cover)... but that was before he REALLY came down on his prices... Timing is EVERYthing...
          and I thought $35 was a good deal...

Good find
          81 SH Something Special
          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
          80 LG Black Magic
          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
          For those on FB

Comment

side covers

Hey asvirgin, I need a left side cover for my 80 Std. as my locking tab is all busted. Kim
            1980 XS100G Standard, Full Dresser
            1980 Honda CB125S
            1984 Honda Nighthawk 650
            1986 BMW K100RT
            2004 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic

Comment

side covers

i still might get it from you. it is a good deal. if i dont hear from the other guy in a week or so i will let you know. do you take paypal or do you want a check or money order. hey you know anything about the oil filter adapter mentioned on this website? do i just send this guy the money? anyways thanks again. you see the pics of the ported head i posted on here?

Comment

Re: side covers

Originally posted by kimrpaige
                Hey asvirgin, I need a left side cover for my 80 Std. as my locking tab is all busted. Kim
                Kim, have you tried rapairing the broken tab? I've had good results using 1/8" acrylic and some good CA glue or polyurethane adhesives to repair broken tabs. Here's some photos with a ruler included to guide you for shape and dimension:

Ken Talbot

Comment

Speaking of side covers, I need one for my '79 Specia. Color and lack of badge not a problem.
                  E.Libertyl
                  Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                  I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
                  X